Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arie
    replied
    TechGuy... Yep, you are right. What does work is that IE6 users have to Log Out, and then Log in again.... That will do the trick!

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    Thanks for the ideas!

It is selected as "user-selectable" (although, in reality, I don't have that option available in the User's CP). All I want to do is select that profile user-by-user, not necessarily a set group.

Anyway, like I said, it works PERFECTLY... except for in IE6 of this XP Pro system. I'm not worried about it until I get a chance to test it on another XP machine and confirm that it's some weird problem with this machine or some weird problem with IE6 in XP.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I just thought of something. Is your 'Donated' style user selectable? I couldn't check because you disabled the account that you gave in your support ticket.

If it's not user-selectable then I don't think anyone will be able to see it (unless you 'force' the style on a particular forum.) If you're trying to set up a special Style set for a particular set of users, then I believe you won't be able to do this through template modifications. This will require hacking.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    I've done some more checking, and here's the situation... No matter how IE6's cache is set (Auto, Every Page, etc), and even if you clear the cache, it still shows the default templates in XP. However, Netscape 6.1 on the same XP system works fine. Apparently it's something specific with this computer's IE or with IE6 for XP. I'm going to find another XP system to try it on...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This should not be OS dependent at all. Most likely it's a browser cache issue.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    Well, I'm waiting to hear back from some others who are testing it...

But, I've run a few tests here, and it works perfectly in Windows 2000 and Windows 98, but Windows XP always shows the default templates. All systems are using IE6. Any idea on what could cause that?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Glad it's working now!

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    I can't figure out what the heck was going on, but it's working just fine now -- even with the new style pointing to the same replacement set. Just the way I wanted it. Thanks for all of your time, Steve!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied

I honestly didn't do anything! All I did was look to see what your setup was. I didn't change a thing.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    I only wanted to change the templates -- specifically, remove the ads in one style, but keep them in the other. It looks like you've fixed it somehow. What'd you do?? I'd love to know how to do this in the future...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm not sure what this means. You said you created a new replacement set to go along with the new style, but when I checked there was no replacement set - just the default one. Therefore anyone on your board will see the 'default' colors and images (all set by the replacement variables.

Perhaps you can tell me what exactly the difference is supposed to be between your Default and Donated sets.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    I removed all of the test ones... Doesn't matter, though. If you create another one, you'll see the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I took a look and the only Replacement set you have is 'Default' and of course your other style points to it.

Leave a comment:

• TechGuy
    replied
    Will do. Thanks, Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That doesn't make any sense. Fill out a support ticket and make sure you give an account name and password with access to your Admin CP. Someone's going to need to look at this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Leave a comment:

Working...
X