No announcement yet.

Style Sets don't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should not be OS dependent at all. Most likely it's a browser cache issue.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've done some more checking, and here's the situation... No matter how IE6's cache is set (Auto, Every Page, etc), and even if you clear the cache, it still shows the default templates in XP. However, Netscape 6.1 on the same XP system works fine. Apparently it's something specific with this computer's IE or with IE6 for XP. I'm going to find another XP system to try it on...

Comment

I just thought of something. Is your 'Donated' style user selectable? I couldn't check because you disabled the account that you gave in your support ticket.

If it's not user-selectable then I don't think anyone will be able to see it (unless you 'force' the style on a particular forum.) If you're trying to set up a special Style set for a particular set of users, then I believe you won't be able to do this through template modifications. This will require hacking.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas!

It is selected as "user-selectable" (although, in reality, I don't have that option available in the User's CP). All I want to do is select that profile user-by-user, not necessarily a set group.

Anyway, like I said, it works PERFECTLY... except for in IE6 of this XP Pro system. I'm not worried about it until I get a chance to test it on another XP machine and confirm that it's some weird problem with this machine or some weird problem with IE6 in XP.

Comment

TechGuy... Yep, you are right. What does work is that IE6 users have to Log Out, and then Log in again.... That will do the trick!
            Arie Slob,

FDMA Media LLC
            http://www.WindowsBBS.com
            http://www.HelpWithWindows.com

Comment

Working...
            X