Style Sets don't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style Sets don't work?

It's probably something simple that I'm not doing... I created a new style set and template and selected it for a particular user. However, even when I'm logged in as that user, it's still showing the default template. Is there another step I'm missing?

What replacement and template sets does that style point to? Check the style properties.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried creating a brand new Template set (from the vBulletin defaults, as much as I like my own =) and then creating a new Style to point to it, then changed the Style selected for my username to that and it still shows my customized templates ("Default") instead of the one I just created and selected ("test")...

Any ideas? I wouldn't mind giving vB personnel a temporary username and password if that would be helpful... I just assumed there was another step I was missing.
      Last edited by TechGuy; Sun 16th Dec '01, 3:34pm.

Comment

Style Set = Replacement Set + Template Set

You didn'tr mention what replacement set this style points to. What I do is create a new style along with new replacement and template sets. It's a lot simpler that way.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for sticking with me on this one. I didn't think it would matter what Replacement Set was being used, shouldn't it still use the specified Template Set?

Even so, I tried your suggestion and created it new, with a new Style, then Replacement, then Template and associated them all in the Style. Then, I changed the Style setting for the user, and it's still showing the default.

Comment

That doesn't make any sense. Fill out a support ticket and make sure you give an account name and password with access to your Admin CP. Someone's going to need to look at this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Will do. Thanks, Steve.

Comment

I took a look and the only Replacement set you have is 'Default' and of course your other style points to it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I removed all of the test ones... Doesn't matter, though. If you create another one, you'll see the problem.

Comment

I'm not sure what this means. You said you created a new replacement set to go along with the new style, but when I checked there was no replacement set - just the default one. Therefore anyone on your board will see the 'default' colors and images (all set by the replacement variables.

Perhaps you can tell me what exactly the difference is supposed to be between your Default and Donated sets.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I only wanted to change the templates -- specifically, remove the ads in one style, but keep them in the other. It looks like you've fixed it somehow. What'd you do?? I'd love to know how to do this in the future...

Comment

I honestly didn't do anything! All I did was look to see what your setup was. I didn't change a thing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I can't figure out what the heck was going on, but it's working just fine now -- even with the new style pointing to the same replacement set. Just the way I wanted it. Thanks for all of your time, Steve!

Comment

Glad it's working now!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well, I'm waiting to hear back from some others who are testing it...

But, I've run a few tests here, and it works perfectly in Windows 2000 and Windows 98, but Windows XP always shows the default templates. All systems are using IE6. Any idea on what could cause that?

Comment

Working...
                              X