additional.css showing up on the wrong theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] additional.css showing up on the wrong theme

So I'm creating a theme...a child theme of vB 4 Default Style...and I'm making a bunch of changes on additional.css.

For some reason now, when I go back and view the Default style, it's pulling the additional.css file for the child theme that I created. If I view the additional.css for the Default Style, nothing is in there.

what's going on with this?

Are you clearing your browser cache before viewing the page to force your browser to get the current css files for that page?

Do you have a link?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah I don't think it's a cache issue. Simple changes that I usually make will usually show up immediately. At least, that's what I recall from the first time I themed a 4.x forum.

A weird problem now...that may solve my issues. I'm simply starting over from scratch...deleted that child theme and now my Default Style looks the way it should.

BUT, when I create a new child theme, and then add a simple line of CSS code to additional.css - nothing changes. When I view the page with FireBug, click on the CSS tab, and then view the additional.css file, it says "There are no rules in this stylesheet"....

Comment