Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rrudeboy
    replied
    i imported it as-is... and that worked. tks..

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Don't edit the file, I really don't understand why you didn't add a child style, which will inherit all of the parrent styles changes.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    oddly... it did work on my Vista laptop, so i downloaded it and uploaded it to my ftp.. now i assume i edit the name and re-upload it & make the changes i want ?

tks.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Add a new style as a child style, this will inherit all of the current template changes.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    wasn't planning on editing it, just getting it from there and importing it as a new style (after renaming it..) as said, all i want is have the style with all the plugins so i can work on the style.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You shouldn't be editing the style.xml file directly.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    That list is a list of all known causes for a white page.
    shoot... i was hoping for a different answer, wish there was an error so i knew where to look. there's no way to download the .xml of the style via my ftp ?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    That list is a list of all known causes for a white page.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    so far nothing helped from that list.. there's no other way to start a new style with all the add-ons in it already ? (which is what i am trying to do..)

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    thanks Lynne, i go to ACP > Upload / Download Styles, then i click on the style i want > Download and it proceeds to a empty white page... no error or anything. also tried (since i read that somewhere) to rename the style before download but nothing.

currently on a MacBook with Safari browser... (also tried on MacBook with Google Chrome, same issue...)

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What is happening when you try to download it? Are you getting an error? Can you tell us the exact steps you took and what the exact result was?

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    started a topic [vB3] unable to download style ?

unable to download style ?

i want to download my style.. and then re-upload so i can edit it (basically i want a copy of the style i'm using to edit, but it doesn't download, it goes to a blank white screen and nothing happens....) what could be wrong ?

thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X