Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avatar selection on Register, better way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar selection on Register, better way?

Hey all

Has anyone implemented a more "user-friendly" version of Avatar selection on user registration. The current one of offering a dropdown list is not that good, given that it only list the filenames. Now me, I am too lazy to give each one a name, so have 001.gif, 002.gif etc.

I would like to see if there are any solutions out there for implementing something like the control panel version. If not, then I will just have to work one out.

Thanks in advance...
    vBulletin Owner since 2002!

This would require hacking. Have you checked over at http://www.vbulletin.org/? There may already be a hack for this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

actually there is an Avatar hack out and it works marevelously...

Comment

TheComputerGuy

I had a loko over at vbulletin.org but couldn't locate it. Could you point me to the right place by any chance?

Thanks

Comment

You should see the avatar and the filename when you go through the choices at registration.

Comment

Thanks Freddie

...but when you have 400 odd avatars and most of them don't have meaningful names, it takes a while to cruise through each one. I was looking for something that would maybe popup the avatar collection and allow clicking on the wanted one, to select it. Even something like what is the the user control panel after the user has completed registration.

I think I'll put my hacking cap on and see what I can come up with...

Comment

The idea is not to put all 400 avatars at the zero post level. Just put a manageble amount at 0 posts as only the 0 post avatars show up at registration.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X