Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible ot import only Stylevars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Is it possible ot import only Stylevars?

Hi,

yesterday I took a look at the Carries new style packs and I liked the green one very much. Thank you Carrie btw..

After I imported it, I noticed that a whole new style has been created allthough they say in the announcement that those styles have been created only by changing the style-vars. Would it be possible to import only those changed style vars instead of a whole new style? I don`t like the idea of having to make every template hack in two styles.

thank you - all the best,
    Sacha
    Thermomix, Rezepte und Küchenmaschinen

Hi,

hm, I discovered the sub-style setting and will play around with it. The online-help says that sub-styles inherit templates from the master style, that sounds good.

Ciao,
    Sacha

Comment

Exactly what I was going to suggest. On my forum, I have a Layout template that is not pickable by users. I do all my template edits there. Then, I have child styles that only have their stylevars changed and those styles are pickable by the users. If I don't touch a template in these child styles, then they inherit the template from the Layout style.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi,
        Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Exactly what I was going to suggest. On my forum, I have a Layout template that is not pickable by users. I do all my template edits there. Then, I have child styles that only have their stylevars changed and those styles are pickable by the users. If I don't touch a template in these child styles, then they inherit the template from the Layout style.
        thanks for your reply. Meanwhile I had a look at the xml file with a text-editor and found out that it contains only the style-vars indeed. So the templates are added by vB when you import the style. I think this should be made optional. If you would like to create a sub-style like the one you described, there is no need to have any changeable templates. That` s just confusing.

Is there a tool for creating those style-var templates? The values of the properties look like this
        Code:
        <stylevar name="blockbody_background" value="YTo2OntzOjU6InVuaXRzIjtzOjA6IiI7czo1OiJjb2xvciI7czo3OiIjRTdCMDgzIjtzOjU6ImltYWdlIjtzOjA6IiI7czo2OiJyZXBlYXQiO3M6OToibm8tcmVwZWF0IjtzOjE6IngiO3M6MDoiIjtzOjE6InkiO3M6MDoiIjt9" />
        So I suppose this is created with a tool.

I`m anxious to learn more about it. Maybe this allows some kind of "css-zen-garden goes vB"...

all the best,
        Sacha

Comment

Sacha, turn on debug mode, that will give you the option to create custom StyleVars... although very buggy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X