X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    blacura

• blacura
    replied
    It's ok i found how to fix it i made the changes i needed. but it was a task.. not very user friendly

Leave a comment:

• RetroDreams

• RetroDreams
    replied
    The simple fact that you have to use third-party software to determine how to edit your style tells you all you need to know. Whomever was in charge of UI and usability should be looking for a new line of work right now.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by blacura View Post
    I did try finding it in stylevars. I have firebug installed. how do i use it?
    Did you try the article I linked to in my post?
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    You may be interested in this article to help you find stylevars yourself - How To: Find the correct StyleVar/LayoutVar to edit

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    I did try finding it in stylevars. I have firebug installed. how do i use it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you try finding the stylevars using firebug? I can't tell you just from seeing an image. I need to use firebug to find these things out (sorry, I don't have them memorized.)

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    I don't want to keep bugging you but i kinda did something that i do not know how to fix. as shown in the picture i blacked out some fields that can not be seen. the register button and help button. please help

Click image for larger version

Name:	Header..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	3678141

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    Awesome i finally got it. Thanks guys you were very helpful

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    No i will not be allowing customers to change the style

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    @budget101 I did exactly that and that still don't change over. ARRRGHHH!!!!
    Do you allow users to change their styles - is there a quick style chooser in the bottom left of your pages? If not, try turning that on in vboptions > styles > allow user selection.

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    @budget101 I did exactly that and that still don't change over. ARRRGHHH!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Budget101

• Budget101
    replied
    I looked at that site which is a little helpful but some of the question marks were not clickable
    Yes, that part is a little frustrating, what I noticed was that opening the stylevars page in a different browser would allow previously "unclickable ?'s" to become Clickable. For example, I used FF v3.0.6, but when I couldn't get a [?] to load, I opened the site in IE v 7.0.5 and was able to view them.

and also when i do change the color is does not take effect on the forum.
    Ok, try this, once you make the change and save it, open your site in a new Tab and hit ctrl+alt+F5 (or ctrl+alt+ click refresh) and this will force the page to load an Uncached version of the change you just made. Sometimes I noticed that my browser was reloading cached pages and not showing my changes.

Also, I noticed that certain browsers (namely IE in various versions) will NOT load all of the style changes- for example shadowing, Title/thread bar, etc). If you're experiencing difficulties with 1 particular browser, try viewing your site in a different browser.

Here's a link that allows you to view your url in Multiple browsers for testing purposes:

http://browsershots.org/

not to mention you are using cms i have that turned off
    Yes, but I redesigned the forums & blogs as well too. as you can see i changed the bottom yo black but the rest will not change. this is very frustrating. 3.8 did not have these issues[/QUOTE]

Each item has its own code area, instead of 1 code changing several areas at once. I made some notes on your pic:

Name:	sitehelp..jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	3678125

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    I found the correct stylevar but when i make the change it does not show the change in the forum. It wont even show me a preview

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Do a Search in Templates for ".forumhead" and you should find the stylevar that controls that.

You may be interested in this article to help you find stylevars yourself - How To: Find the correct StyleVar/LayoutVar to edit

Leave a comment:

• blacura

• blacura
    replied
    I looked at that site which is a little helpful but some of the question marks were not clickable and also when i do change the color is does not take effect on the forum. not to mention you are using cms i have that turned off

Name:	2-22-2010 1-58-17 P&.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	3678120

as you can see i changed the bottom yo black but the rest will not change. this is very frustrating. 3.8 did not have these issues

Leave a comment:

• Budget101

• Budget101
    replied
    OMG, I know what you mean! Go to www.stylevars.com and you can click on little ?'s that will show you exactly WHERE to find the item to change it.

Here's a screenshot of mine (the content management section) that I'm working on right now:

Name:	b101-design..jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	3678119

StyleVars makes it super easy (although some of the little ? don't load anything or aren't clickable & you'll find that a few areas are completely missing), use them in Conjunction with the pdf's & you'll style your board in just a day or so.

hth!

Leave a comment: