[vB4] Page Layout Question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Page Layout Question ?

Hi guys, with the launch of V4 I've bought myself a new license and thought it's about time I had a go at style tweeking. I'm making good ground finding my way around StyleVars, but I have a layout question.

How would I change the page layout so that the Icon Legend section and Posting Permissions sections are a little lower down the page, leaving a bigger gap above them. Please see the attached picture , with the red ring showing the area in question.

Thanks...
    Attached Files

Try something like this added to additional.css:
    Code:
    .forum_info .options_block_container {
    margin-top:20px;

}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

A little more info please.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion but could you expand on where I make the change please ?

Comment

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Edit Templates] > CSS Templates > additional.css
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Thankyou that works great. Lastly, how would I achieve the same thing to space the footer a little further below the icon legend ?

Comment

Perhaps add this:
            Code:
            #footer {margin-top:150px; display:inline-block;}

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thankyou.

Great thanks for your help that too works perfectly. Hope you don't mind I've got a couple of other points I can't find info on. Please see the attached image.
              What is the area called highlighted in green ?
              How would I remove it completely ?
              Is it in the style var list ?

Lastly, see the section in red, you'll notice the white background is a pixel or two missing and you can see the black background in between the white and the border, how might I fix this small issue ? I don't know why it came about.

many thanks for your help.
              Regards
              MCC.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by B16MCC; Thu 18 Feb '10, 9:32pm.

Comment

You would have to remove that from the template (FORUMHOME). Here's a trick to find the template - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code. (Sometimes the template is the one mentioned at the very top of the page source.)

Also, you may be interested in this article to help you find stylevars yourself - HOW TO Find what Stylevar you need to edit You can use firebug to find the border there and change it (I don't see that on my test site, so I don't know what you need to change.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X