Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a board with only two colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a board with only two colors?

What is the easiest way to make a board with only two colors?
    I want a board with navy blue text (#000080) on a simple white background (#FFFFFF). However both the table header background and the category strip background should be inverted with white text on a navy blue background. This should apply both for the board itself, the calendar, the faq etc.

I cannot make it work if I just edit the fonts and colors in the style sets. Have I overlooked something or in what way should I change the individual templates?

ccstephen

I haven't had that problem. I have my board set up with 2 colors, (purple on white)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

How can I make a true 2 color board?

No offense WizyWyg, but you can't really say you have a 2 color board. Your page background is #FFFFFF, your page font is #000000, your table heading background color is #8080A6, your table heading font is #EEEEFF, your category strip background color is #CCCCFF, and your category strip font and borders are #3300CC. That is 6 colors.

I am talking about a true 2 color board. All background should be #FFFFFF and all text should be #000080 except for the table heading and category strip, where the colors should be inverted.

How can I do this?

ccstephen

Comment

Just fill it out in the Styles and experiment with those two colours all the way down.
        Email: [email protected].com
        Site: Under Construction

Comment

Re: How can I make a true 2 color board?

Originally posted by ccstephen
          No offense WizyWyg, but you can't really say you have a 2 color board. Your page background is #FFFFFF, your page font is #000000, your table heading background color is #8080A6, your table heading font is #EEEEFF, your category strip background color is #CCCCFF, and your category strip font and borders are #3300CC. That is 6 colors.

I am talking about a true 2 color board. All background should be #FFFFFF and all text should be #000080 except for the table heading and category strip, where the colors should be inverted.

How can I do this?

ccstephen
          Then just play around with Black and White. Its pretty easy
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Re: How to make a board with only two colors?

Originally posted by ccstephen
            What is the easiest way to make a board with only two colors?
            I want a board with navy blue text (#000080) on a simple white background (#FFFFFF). However both the table header background and the category strip background should be inverted with white text on a navy blue background. This should apply both for the board itself, the calendar, the faq etc.

I cannot make it work if I just edit the fonts and colors in the style sets. Have I overlooked something or in what way should I change the individual templates?

ccstephen

What you want to do then is a hack. Because a "font" color is designated through the page, you have to manually "change" the color in the template (or with some php coding, alternate font colors for the display of the forumhome template). Its doable, but you'd need to be savy enough in php to do what you want to do.

Right now, i just made my forums two colors : black and white. No alternating table colors (because black links on a black background cannot be seen). And you wont be able to "solve" the problem of links if you're gonig to have "extreme" difference in colors.

If you want to strictly have a two color forum, then you need two colors that are extremely close to each other. (like yellow/red )

Comment

I dont think you have to change color codes in the templates

U have to change them in the style properties and the body tag.

That should affect all text on the page.
              Email: [email protected]
              Site: Under Construction

Comment

The body tag! Of course, this solved the problem thanx Kaizen!

ccstephen

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X