Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change width of last post message column & how invert position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] How to change width of last post message column & how invert position?

Someone know how to do this?

Damn i'm going crazy

Please help me i can't undertand where make this changes

If you want to move the column, you will have to edit the templates in order to move it over. To find the template to modify, do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code.

To change the size, you actually need to make the first 'column' smaller and then increase the size of the last post box. Here is the css for that (you can add it to additional.css):
    Code:
    .threadbit .threadlastpost {width: 23%;}
    .threadbit .threadinfo {
    min-width:350px;
    width:62%;
    }
    Those are the default values, so decrease the 62% and increase the 23%.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code.
      i can't understand this part, it's a .css?

(you can add it to additional.css)
      i copy your code into additional.css, i change the 62 and 23% values but never changed _

thank you very much for your time
      Last edited by Gigio755; Fri 5th Feb '10, 10:58pm.

Comment

How about a link to the page? And did you copy the code into the additional.css file for that particular style? What *exactly* did you change the values to (paste the exact code you pasted into your additional.css file).

The part about the template name being in the source code.... That is to help you find the template. I do not believe you may rearrange the columns simply with css. You will have to actually modify the template (I believe it's the threadbit template, but do the trick I mentioned to figure it out for sure).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

http://www.consolelab.net/vb4test/forum.php (this is the forum test link)

How about a link to the page? And did you copy the code into the additional.css file for that particular style? What *exactly* did you change the values to (paste the exact code you pasted into your additional.css file).
          i copy this code into additional.css (i change with other values but nothing change)

.threadbit .threadlastpost {width: 35%;}
          .threadbit .threadinfo {
          width:50%;
          }

The part about the template name being in the source code.... That is to
          help you find the template. I do not believe you may rearrange the
          columns simply with css. You will have to actually modify the template
          (I believe it's the threadbit template, but do the trick I mentioned to
          figure it out for sure)
          ah ok! i'll verify soon

i have not much skill with this new VB4 system, excuse me

thank you again for you time

Comment

I just copy/pasted your css into my additional.css file and it definitely changed the forumdisplay.php page. However, it looks like it doesn't change the titles also, so we need to add those classes in:

Code:
            .threadbit .threadlastpost, .threadlisthead span.threadlastpost {width: 35%;}
            .threadbit .threadinfo, .threadlisthead span.threadinfo {
            }
            If you aren't seeing anything, try this on a totally default style:
            Create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Now add the above css to the additional.css template for this new default style and view your site with the default style and see if it changes the look of the forumdisplay.php page.

Comment

ok i do this "Default vBulletin" new style, with no parent, but nothing happen

i copy this to additional.css

.threadbit .threadlastpost, .threadlisthead span.threadlastpost {width: 35%;}
              .threadbit .threadinfo, .threadlisthead span.threadinfo {
              }

Comment

Do you have a link to your page?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  Do you have a link to your page?
                  it's the same or not?

http://www.consolelab.net/vb4test/forum.php

edit:
                  it change inside forum section, not in main forum home page; i would to change width of column in forum home page, not inside forum section

http://www.consolelab.net/vb4test/forumdisplay.php?f=25
                  Last edited by Gigio755; Sun 7th Feb '10, 7:33am.

Comment

So you *only* want it to change on the forum.php page? Try this (adjust as needed):
                    Code:
                    /* Increase last post by column on forum page */
                    .forumbit_nopost .forumhead .forumtitle { min-width: 66%; }
                    .forumbit_post .foruminfo {
                    min-width:30%;
                    width:47%;
                    }
                    .forumbit_nopost .forumhead span.forumlastpost, .forumbit_post .forumhead span.forumlastpost, .forumbit_post .forumrow .forumlastpost {
                    width:32%;
                    }

Comment

And how would I increase the thread/postcount column in forum.php?

Comment

By doing the opposite. Decrease the forumlastpost value and increase the other.

Comment

it works!

thank you so much Lynne, now i will search to find in the threadbit template how to invert position

now

how increase letters in title of last message?

I can change width of the last message column, but i need even to increase letters of "last message"
                          Last edited by Gigio755; Mon 8th Feb '10, 5:11am.

Comment

vboptions > forum listings display > last thread title max displayed chars

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X