Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Post Icons replacement issue

Hey,

I'm fairly new to editing VB so please take it easy on me.

I have an issue with swapping out the Post Icons for alternate ones. I thought I could do it just like most of the other images using an alternate folder location in Stylevars/ImagePaths. Unfortunately this doesn't work for these for some reason, or so it seems. It just keeps being linked to the main Images folder.

If I replace them directly in the main images folder they change without any problems. The issue I have with this is I have a couple of templates that are using different images, so I need multiple Image folders if I use the Stylevars/ImagePaths route. I thought this would be the easiest way to swap them out.

Any info on this would be great. I have don some searching but can't seem to find anything on it. If there is a thread on it already I would appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Here are examples of what I have now:

This is how I want it to be (slight colour change):

EDIT: I also know there is a Post Icon menu in the AdminCP but how can I edit the folder locations to work for different templates?
    rfranklin
    Last edited by rfranklin; Thu 28 Jan '10, 8:03pm.

Wow, so much for that lol. I managed to find the answer over on vbulletin.org. Here is what needs to be done for anyone else who might need to do it.

Originally posted by Andyrew
    Put the icons in a folder under your dark style, then create Replacement Variables for your dark style, go to styles & templates / Replacement Variable Manager

Choose [Add New Replacement Variable] for your dark style

in the search for text box type images/icons/ and in the Replace with Text box type the path to your dark icons. images/styles/your_dark_style/icons/
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...65#post1743265

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X