Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I change the alt background color of sticky threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Where do I change the alt background color of sticky threads?

threadbits background color is changed with the threadbit_background stylevar.
    threadbits alternate background color is changed with the threadbit_alt_background stylevar.
    threadbits highlighted background color is changed with the threadbit_hilite_background stylevar.

threadbits sticky background color is also changed with the threadbit_hilite_background stylevar.
    threadbits sticky alternate background color is changed with ..... ???

I don't understand why all the threadbits elements are covered except for that last one. Firebug gives nice clues of where to look in the CSS, and I've searched through it but there's a LOT to search through, and frankly I don't have the time to put a microscope to it. So does anyone happen to know how to change the alt background color for sticky threads?
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

It's the same one that controls NON-sticky alternate background. It really should have it's own stylevar because it looks fonky on the 'sticky' for the alt background to not be the same/for it to be the same as non-sticky's. I think I posted this in the vB4 'suggestions' forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Eq4Bits View Post
      It's the same one that controls NON-sticky alternate background.
      LOL - I already know that. That's why I want to know how to CHANGE it. I don't want it to be the same as non-sticky, so I need to know where it can be changed.

Comment

perhaps as an 'additional css'? Lynne might know =S

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
          LOL - I already know that. That's why I want to know how to CHANGE it. I don't want it to be the same as non-sticky, so I need to know where it can be changed.
          Search In Templates for: .threadbit .sticky

Click on: threadlist.css and find .threadbit .sticky and then change the background-color in the CSS

background: {vb:stylevar threadbit_hilite_background};

To
          :
          background: #000;

Or whatever color you want for your stickies (This is black).

I also just added a line to change the sticky's alternate background color:

/* changes the alt color on the sticky background */
          .threadbit .sticky .alt {
          background: #222;
          }

Comment

didn't change my sticky alt background =S
            there's a stylevar for the regular part of the sticky area, you don't have to hardcode that

Comment

Originally posted by curlgirl View Post
              Search In Templates for: .threadbit .sticky

Click on: threadlist.css and find .threadbit .sticky and then change the background-color in the CSS

background: {vb:stylevar threadbit_hilite_background};

To
              :
              background: #000;

Or whatever color you want for your stickies (This is black).
              Yeah there are stylevars for all that, as my first post pointed out. No need to do what you posted.

Originally posted by curlgirl View Post
              I also just added a line to change the sticky's alternate background color:

/* changes the alt color on the sticky background */
              .threadbit .sticky .alt {
              background: #222;
              }
              Yes, I can do that, if there is nowhere that the alt color is already coded, which is what I was asking about. Apparently it's not, though, so I'll have to hardcode it.

Comment

you might have to make another template change because the stylevar for regular threads 'alt' (where the views and replies are) is what is used for the stickies as well; just changing the css file won't do it, you'll have to change the regular template as well, hardcoding that sticky alt's should use that 'new' stylevar you added in the threadlist.css template =/

Comment