Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Skinning Guide (witho Wave theme) comes out all wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Official Skinning Guide (witho Wave theme) comes out all wrong...

I downloaded this http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...-10-Easy-Steps

All I did was download it and it didn't come out right. I am using 4.0.1... is that why?

Screenshots attached of what my forum looks like and what it should look like.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeremy8; Fri 22nd Jan '10, 12:47pm.

Things have changed a bit since that was written - lots of new stylevars added. That could be the problem (that it's old and needs to be updated).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Do you think the same could happen with 4.0.2 or other updates? I don't want to make a skin and then have it ruined. I do plan on doing the upgrade to 4.0.2.

Comment

I have a feeling the style/stylevar system will be closer to complete, but I would give it another revision or two until it is completely done. That being said, I don't think you are wasting your time right now playing with the style because it does take a little bit to get used to how to change things in the new system.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy8 View Post
          Yeah I guess that makes sense. Do you think the same could happen with 4.0.2 or other updates? I don't want to make a skin and then have it ruined. I do plan on doing the upgrade to 4.0.2.
          This is the reason I am not switching at the moment, It's impossible to effectively skin your forum as there will be major template conflicts when the new versions that keep coming out are released.

Comment

Likewise. I have too many skins that would need effectively instant updating with any new version release. Better to hold off until the Stylevars system is actually done, and hopefully a much more simple and easy to use interface is made for it.
            神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Webmaster, Bulbagarden / Bulbapedia

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X