Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat
    replied
    1. do you mean when you set your own style to the new 'Main' one all you users changed to 'Main' as well? - btw what version of vB are you using?
    No, I mean that when I deleted templates I wasnt using, everyone defaulted to this new Main template that I had created. I had never assigned this Main template to anything!!

I'm using 2.2.0

To clarify again, when I converted from UBB, the users were "auto" assigned whatever template the system felt like giving it, meaning that several of them got template 1, others template 2, etc.

2. the main forum display if edited looks to the default template set id = 1 - if unedited looks to template id = 0 i believe (someone more familiar with templates chime in )
    I dont entirely understand that... but let me ask this. HOW do you tell what the template set ID is?

3. if you have phpmyadmin you can run a querie to update all users in to a certain style/template id

i.e.
    Code:
    UPDATE user SET styleid=1
    just replace the styleid = x with whichever style you want to change them to [/B]
    That makes sense, thank you! But like I asked above, how do I tell what the styleid is?

Thanks for moving this, I started to wonder if I had misposted it. And thanks for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    moved to Templates forum

1. do you mean when you set your own style to the new 'Main' one all you users changed to 'Main' as well? - btw what version of vB are you using?

2. the main forum display if edited looks to the default template set id = 1 - if unedited looks to template id = 0 i believe (someone more familiar with templates chime in )

3. if you have phpmyadmin you can run a querie to update all users in to a certain style/template id

i.e.
    Code:
    UPDATE user SET styleid=1
    just replace the styleid = x with whichever style you want to change them to

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    started a topic Need some template/styles clarification

Need some template/styles clarification

I think I have a pretty good handle on how they work together now, but there are a few areas that are a little fuzzy to me.

Example: I didnt really understand what I was doing when I started, so I just edited all of the default templates. Then I started experimenting and created a few with other names. THEN I imported my UBB and ended up with all of those too.

When I imported, the users got a wide variety of the different template names I had going. (this really doesnt matter because I had default as the override and i even removed the box for them to select as an option, but I feel it is important in my understanding of how this works)

Anyway, back at the ranch... I deleted all of the templates that I dont want/need. And I also re-uploaded my default template under a new name (Main) so I would have it like a backup. Then I checked my users Style and all of them had switch to this new Main template.

First, why? Why would it not have switched to my Default set of templates?

Second: I understand that each forum goes and looks for what template you have assigned to it, but where is the main forum display looking to? Does it always look to the Default template?

Third, is there a way to set it so that I know for sure that every users is seeing the same template?

Thanks for any help understanding all of this.... I really need to get a complete handle on this template thing before I really feel I truly understand how it works. I also want to upgrade to the latest version, but want to understand all of this first.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X