Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[vB4] How to change category title font size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] How to change category title font size?

I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything on this issue. If it has already been discussed please link me.

I'm trying to change the default category title font to make it smaller. Much like it is on vbulletin's site here.

Here is a screen shot illustrating what I want to edit:

They don't have a stylevar for it, you have to manually edit forumbits.css You could try something like

Code:
    .forumbit_nopost .forumhead .forumtitle {
    	font-size: {vb:stylevar font.fontSize};
    	min-width: 76%;
    }
    Replace with
    Code:
    .forumbit_nopost .forumhead .forumtitle {
    	font-size: {vb:stylevar font.fontSize};
    	min-width: 76%;
    }

.forumtitle {
    font-size: 18px;
    }
    But I have no clue if that will fix it or not.

Comment

Here is where it's set originally in the forumbits.css template. I just add another line so I can see where I made changes.

Code:
      .forumbit_post .foruminfo .forumdata .forumtitle, .forumbit_nopost .forumbit_nopost .forumrow .forumtitle {
      	font-size: {vb:math {vb:stylevar font.fontSize}+1}px; 
      	margin-{vb:stylevar right}: {vb:stylevar padding};
              font-size: 13px; /* changed by andy addded */
      }

Comment

edit: Okay so in the time it took me to open my test board and get all the necessary information, two other people jumped ahead of me. How dare they! But I'm leaving my post here for spite.

Those are actually forum titles. Category titles are the ones in the dark colored headers. ... just thought I'd educate you a little for future reference.

To change the size of forum titles, find the following CSS statement in your forumbits.css template, and add the part you see in red.
        Code:
        .forumbit_post .foruminfo .forumdata .forumtitle a, .forumbit_nopost .forumbit_nopost .forumrow .forumtitle a {
        /*    color: {vb:stylevar link_color}; */
            font-weight:bold;
            font-size:x;
        }
        ...where x is the size value you desire.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Aha! Thank you all very much! I was wondering why I could not find it in the stylevars.

Can I change the font size of the thread titles in the same manner?

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
            edit: Okay so in the time it took me to open my test board and get all the necessary information, two other people jumped ahead of me. How dare they! But I'm leaving my post here for spite.

Those are actually forum titles. Category titles are the ones in the dark colored headers. ... just thought I'd educate you a little for future reference.

To change the size of forum titles, find the following CSS statement in your forumbits.css template, and add the part you see in red.
            Code:
            .forumbit_post .foruminfo .forumdata .forumtitle a, .forumbit_nopost .forumbit_nopost .forumrow .forumtitle a {
            /*    color: {vb:stylevar link_color}; */
                font-weight:bold;
                font-size:x;
            }
            ...where x is the size value you desire.
            Forum titles! Thanks for the correction. I'm still trying to figure it all out at this point as you can probably tell.

Comment

Christ!

Getting disillusioned given having to switch between PDFs, some CMS (nav submenu easiest way to untick within articles), changing forum name which is not reflected in tabs... having to scour through help stuff to discover from users how to alter the Nav tab as there's still no manual and it's a Gold release WTF!!!

Don't get me wrong, I've found some great stuff but some basic stuff seems massively over complicated in order to allow as many options as possible, but essentially it all looks standardised with only a coulof aestetic tweeks.

Maybe I'm being impatient... maybe I've not done enough technical stuff of late or maybe I'm expecting too much from the software.
              See post #49 by IJeffers
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...11#post1927011
              Sums it up!

Comment

Originally posted by choitz View Post
                Getting disillusioned given having to switch between PDFs, some CMS (nav submenu easiest way to untick within articles), changing forum name which is not reflected in tabs... having to scour through help stuff to discover from users how to alter the Nav tab as there's still no manual and it's a Gold release WTF!!!

Don't get me wrong, I've found some great stuff but some basic stuff seems massively over complicated in order to allow as many options as possible, but essentially it all looks standardised with only a coulof aestetic tweeks.

Maybe I'm being impatient... maybe I've not done enough technical stuff of late or maybe I'm expecting too much from the software.
                The answers are out there my friend. Just have to look!

Can anyone out there answer my question about the coding that needs to be altered to change the thread title font size?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  Here is where it's set originally in the forumbits.css template. I just add another line so I can see where I made changes.

Code:
                  .forumbit_post .foruminfo .forumdata .forumtitle, .forumbit_nopost .forumbit_nopost .forumrow .forumtitle {
                      font-size: {vb:math {vb:stylevar font.fontSize}+1}px; 
                      margin-{vb:stylevar right}: {vb:stylevar padding};
                          font-size: 13px; /* changed by andy addded */
                  }
                  I just got around to implementing the code today.

I tried all of the methods and this was the only one that worked for me. Not sure why. Probably a user error, but I was careful to follow the directions.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy327 View Post
                    Can anyone out there answer my question about the coding that needs to be altered to change the thread title font size?
                    It's the big_fontSize stylevar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy327 View Post
                      I just got around to implementing the code today.

I tried all of the methods and this was the only one that worked for me. Not sure why. Probably a user error, but I was careful to follow the directions.
                      It does work there, but I'd be a little concerned about the fact that font size is already being declared in that statement two lines above the line you've added. Chances are it is affecting something else somewhere in your forums. It might not matter, but to be safe, and to specifically target only the forum title like you want, the fix that I posted works for that (the key factor is 'forumtitle a' as opposed to just 'forumtitle'). If you tried it already and nothing happened, then something else is amiss. Just wanted to let you know the other side of the coin.

Comment

Thanks cbiweb! I was pulling my hair out trying to find this. It should really be a stylevar (**fingers crossed for the next update**) but this works for now. I added the code to the additional.css file just to keep any css mods all in one place.
                        Last edited by beatyourtruck; Sun 24th Jan '10, 6:36pm. Reason: typo
                        Have you Beat Your Truck today?

Comment

You're welcome. I started customizing vB4 with a full head of hair; you should see me now.

Comment