Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[vB4] Holy crap... can you just tell me where to start changing the colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Holy crap... can you just tell me where to start changing the colors?

Since you have destroyed the style editor, is there an easy way to just change the MAIN colors of the entire site? What a friggin nightmare!!!!

Have a look at this guide to the New Style manager: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...(PDF-Documents)

Comment

Hmm... good stuff, but can't we just create a style set? One where we can specify 3 colors and fix the whole site?

Comment

No, you need to modify all the colours of the template you want.
        Jason Craig – Partner
        Wet Coast Sports LTD
        Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
          No, you need to modify all the colours of the template you want.

LOL! Thanks.....

Comment

i have this fantasy where i open a styling page and am greeted by a large flash image depicting forumhome. as i move my mouse over the image, hovertips announce the relevant stylvar. i click one of these, and a text field appears with the stylvar value and an option to overwrite it with my own value. i look to the bottom of the image and notice i can either save and move to forumdisplay, or i can 'save and associate', associating all the relevant colours with their logically-related counterparts on the remaining pages.
            obviously this is fantasy, but its curious that people code this sort of functionality for freebie menu generators, yet vb cannot.
            Into the Void

Comment

Originally posted by dieKetzer View Post
              i have this fantasy where i open a styling page and am greeted by a large flash image depicting forumhome. as i move my mouse over the image, hovertips announce the relevant stylvar. i click one of these, and a text field appears with the stylvar value and an option to overwrite it with my own value. i look to the bottom of the image and notice i can either save and move to forumdisplay, or i can 'save and associate', associating all the relevant colours with their logically-related counterparts on the remaining pages.
              obviously this is fantasy, but its curious that people code this sort of functionality for freebie menu generators, yet vb cannot.
              Best post I've read in a long time. The .pdf sheet is ridiculous. Why can't we see exactly what we are changing. The concept is outdated and ridiculous.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree. The ability to style vb consistently and cleanly has always been a VERY attractive aspect of this software. There are free forum programs that do this better than vb4 does. They REALLY dropped the ball on this one. And all I've read says there is not even the intention of making a style editor? Really? There's a LOT of complaining going on, and a LOT of really good suggestions on solution...don't ignore us...we pay your bills by buying your software.

And...I see a lot of questions (like mine in this same forum) going unanswered. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilArcana View Post
                  And...I see a lot of questions (like mine in this same forum) going unanswered. What gives?
                  My guess is that they sold all of us on a "Gold" product, knowing it wasn't ready, and they have no real answers for us. I am surprised they have time to write multiple 45 page PDF documents with screenshots and all, but don't have time to just fix the issue.

Comment

Well they have until my license expires and I have to either deal with it or pay the new license price to make up their minds whether or not they want me as a customer anymore. Its really sad.

Comment

H3ll, all I want to do is change the forumhead link colors from white to black and no one will even reply to my thread. For a minute there, I thought I forgot to pay my bill.......but I did.
                      Last edited by carrlos27; Thu 21 Jan '10, 6:05pm.

Comment

What makes everything more interesting is the that there are code words for the styles, which don't really mean what we think they mean. I've been looking for the style or template code that changes the background or the font color of notices with no luck. What's wrong with having a style that says - Noticebar_background or Noticebar_color? Somehow I changed it and can't figure-out which one it is so I can change it back
                        WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

I agree. The documentation for stylevars is just terrible and hasn't been updated for the gold release.

Comment

Originally posted by dieKetzer View Post
                            I have to completely agree with this. Styling vb4 with the new stylevars system is a nightmare. vB developers must really hate forum admins. What you're talking about sounds like the perfect solution but I doubt we'll ever see it.

Let's put it this way. I was going to upgrade all my vB licenses to v4.x but after customizing the first forum I decided to not go through that headache again and decided not to upgrade. Yes, this translates directly to lost revenue for the company. Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                              Have a look at this guide to the New Style manager: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...(PDF-Documents)
                              Despite this write up people continue to complain about the cumbersome stylevar system and your forum is flooded with people looking for basic help on how to find specific colors.

You guys should really listen to what dieKetzer said. He has the right idea for how vb 4.x styling should have been. Not this old school solution. It reminds me of Windows 3.11 in usability. Innovate, don't re-create.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X