Getting Desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Desperate

Sorry to post this again guys - is there another method of getting DIRECT help with my vBulletin installation.

I know nothing about it but am trying to upload avatars and have been trying for a week now so I am at the point of ditching it completely.

/forums/public_html/images/avatars is the directory where I have uploaded my avatars to using my ftp program - it has confirmed that they are definitely there yet when I try to "add" avatars, I get the error message saying that it was unable to find the directory.

Can ANYONE please help or point me in a direction where I may get assistance?

Have you tried entering an official support request?

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
      Have you tried entering an official support request?

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php
      hehe this error sounds familiar ehh? hehe
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Re: Getting Desperate

Originally posted by kingdomkomputer
        Sorry to post this again guys - is there another method of getting DIRECT help with my vBulletin installation.

I know nothing about it but am trying to upload avatars and have been trying for a week now so I am at the point of ditching it completely.

/forums/public_html/images/avatars is the directory where I have uploaded my avatars to using my ftp program - it has confirmed that they are definitely there yet when I try to "add" avatars, I get the error message saying that it was unable to find the directory.

Can ANYONE please help or point me in a direction where I may get assistance?
        Hmm. have you tried entering the path as /username before the /forums in the path?
        forums: pcfx.cc
        gallery: here

Comment

Or else find the exact path to your directory on the server (this should have been given to you by your host)
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Re: Getting Desperate

Originally posted by kingdomkomputer
            Okay, this is a long shot, but shouldn't this be..
            /public_html/forums/images/avatars

and in Admin CP, the path is simply images/avatars

Just a thought

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X