Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[vB4] How do you decorate links in posts only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] How do you decorate links in posts only?

As in bold, or underline (I see bold is not even an option for decoration for links in general).

Is it possible to do this to links in posts only? I don't want it to affect the entire site but I need the links in posts to stand out. Thanks

Code:
    .postcontent a {
    font-weight: bold;
    }

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you Lynne.

To elaborate a bit, one would add that to one of the css templates. I added it to the bottom of the vbulletin-chrome.css template and now all links in my posts are bold.

Comment

Now where would you add this if you are not storing CSS files as an option? Thanks

Comment

edit the template vbulletin-chrome.css and add it to the bottom.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

I tried to make my links that are in posts to have a text decoration of underline but was not successful. How would I do that?

Thank you.

Comment

I'm trying too. I also can't overwrite these .css files for some reason with FTP. Is there another way?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Hi Lynne,

I tried to make my links that are in posts to have a text decoration of underline but was not successful. How would I do that?

Thank you.
                I just added it to the same class:
                Code:
                .postcontent a {
                text-decoration: underline;
                }
                I add all my additional css to a file that is called right before the </head> tag. (I wrote a mod to do this which is on vb.org - we should be getting these additional css templates in default vb4 in the next release or one after that. )

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by indie View Post
                  I'm trying too. I also can't overwrite these .css files for some reason with FTP. Is there another way?
                  You do this in the template editor. You should NOT be editing the files directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                    I just added it to the same class:
                    Code:
                    .postcontent a {
                    text-decoration: underline;
                    }
                    I tried that and it does not work. The bold part works but not the underline. Did you test this on your forum?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Yes, I tested it on my test site and it worked. As I said though, I added it to a css file that is added at the very end of the <head> section. This makes a difference in css issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        Yes, I tested it on my test site and it worked. As I said though, I added it to a css file that is added at the very end of the <head> section. This makes a difference in css issues.
                        I added it to the end of vbulletin-chrome.css. That's strange that the bold works and not the underline. Isn't vbulletin-chrome.css added before the </head> section?

Comment

Now the bold isn't working either. Strange, it was working earlier.

Comment

Found the problem. I had another element that was changing the link. What I needed to do was put the one Lynne showed before mine.
                            Andy
                            Last edited by Andy; Mon 4 Jan '10, 11:19am.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              Now the bold isn't working either. Strange, it was working earlier.
                              Not strange at all if you understand css. There are many different classes that can effect the post content message. They all get called in different style sheets and the later stylesheets will override any style you add in an earlier stylesheet. That's why I add mine after all the other stylesheets are added.

Comment