Which buttonset do you like more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which buttonset do you like more?

I am trying to determine which color buttonset to use for my forums...

http://forums.hytekcomputer.com

http://www.pixeljunction.com/vbthemes/ (One of the four XP ones; blue, black, brown, green)

If you can't get your hands on red, then use the black. Definitely not the blue. (just be sure to do black table borders and add a bit of grey to table 2 - like #DDDDDD)

IMHO anyway.

P.S. In that case you could also do the Table heading (top bar where it says "Forum") black too. Black and red go hand in hand.

Cheers
    Last edited by Al Zander; Tue 30 Oct '01, 4:11pm.

Comment

I have been really backed up with client work lately and I am trying to finish it up. When I have a chance I plan on releasing an XP theme with a red background, as I noticed a lot of sites having red on them these days. I can't give an exact time on when they will be done, but I will try my darnest
      Board of the Month: November
      Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
      Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
      vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

You're doing a marvellous job in any case, Sinecure.

Comment

Thanks Sinecure! I really like the blue buttons, what color should take the place of the red theme to work well with them?

Comment

I would recommend a blue
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Blue is a main color. Red, yellow, black all work good as a main color, as well as an accent color. As such, you can use yellow buttons with black theme, red buttons on yellow theme ..... and so on. When it comes to blue, it is not easily used as an accent/button color for a different color theme. That is why you will see that the vast majority of boards that use blue buttons also have blue themes (i.e. blue on blue).

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Comment

You're fast Sin.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyAlien
                  You're fast Sin.
                  Faster then lightning my friend
                  You made some great points about how to adjust the board colors according to the button style though, great job !

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I have a set of red buttons if you need them. They're not nice fancy ones like Sinecure has been doing, just standard vBulletin ones with the colour changed. Let me know if you want them anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X