How to modify the Welcome message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify the Welcome message?

When a person arrives for the first time at a vBulletin forum, they see a Welcome message above the actual forums. By default, that message says, "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: . . . . "

How can I modify that message? As near as I can tell, it is not a Notice because it does not appear in the Notices Manager. However, I cannot find it in the Announcement Manager either.

edit this phrase: first_visit_message

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
      edit this phrase: first_visit_message
      Where does one find that phrase?

Comment

Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Phrase Manager >
        Search for Text: first_visit_message
        Search in ...: Phrase Variable Name Only
        Edit > Copy Default Text (manually add what you need) > Save

Comment

Dodgeboard, thank you very much! I followed your instructions and was able to make the desired changes.

Wow, I would never have imagined that the Welcome message was hidden away like that. Wouldn't it more logically be kept near Announcements and Notices? How would a person ever find it, if they didn't have the benefit of your kind information??

Comment

The manual gives some basic information on phrases and how to search them.

You can always come here and ask. There's always someone to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
              The manual gives some basic information on phrases and how to search them.

. . .
              Actually, I had looked quite extensively in the manual before I posted for help. However, in this instance you have to know *exactly* what to call the message or you won't get anything either through the Table of Contents or Search. How is a person to know that it's called the "first_visit_message"? I think the answer is that they can't know that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X