• "Side bar column" hack not compatibile with my forum style

Hello,

Have got Fans 006 Grapes style -
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118950

installed in my forum here:

www.indusladies.com/forums

Now I have installed a side(left) bar column hack -
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204773

in my development test forum which is rendered correctly in these below pages when viewed as a logged in user:

Forum home page
    Forum Display page

but in the showthread page:
    the side ( left) column is causing alignment issue stretching the page to the right including a horizontal scroll bar (refer screen shot).

As a logged out user / Guest viewing the above pages, I notice that the boxes of the side ( left) column is not of uniform width.

Now I would like to fix these issues. Let me know how to do the same.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
    IndusLady
    Indian Ladies Discussion Board | Indian Women Online Community

Would be nice to have a test account that is setup with post moderation, disallow private messaging and profile viewing. I have no issues with this modification and with that style. I would of just upload style image folder and addin in the edits to Main CSS, but then you need to read the XML file to apply those edits.

Edit: I spoke to soon, as it seem that 'Latest Threads' tends to push things out of place and in other pages that it does not show the side column. I would contact the author to fix these issues, as it should still needs some tweeking and added code to hide overflow.

It also can be your Main Style if your choice was to add as 'Child Style'.

I do have it made into vbversion="3.8.4", but need permission from Floris to post it here, but the modification product maybe one cause...
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Tue 15 Sep '09, 12:39am.

Comment

ONLY because you asked, you have permission to re-post it, however, the copyright of that style remains my full ownership. Please provide credits where due.

Thanks Jose for helping. That style I posted is outdated and probably the reason why it's not comp. anymore.

Comment

Hi Floris,
        Am particular about the style 006 Grapes and would like to retain it in my forums. Is there an upgraded version of the style available so that it is compatible with the hacks and other addons.
        Thanks.
        IndusLady

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
          Would be nice to have a test account that is setup with post moderation, disallow private messaging and profile viewing. I have no issues with this modification and with that style. I would of just upload style image folder and addin in the edits to Main CSS, but then you need to read the XML file to apply those edits.

Edit: I spoke to soon, as it seem that 'Latest Threads' tends to push things out of place and in other pages that it does not show the side column. I would contact the author to fix these issues, as it should still needs some tweeking and added code to hide overflow.

It also can be your Main Style if your choice was to add as 'Child Style'.

I do have it made into vbversion="3.8.4", but need permission from Floris to post it here, but the modification product maybe one cause...
          Hello Jose,
          Please post the XML file, I can manage to read and apply the edits. Looking forward to your response.
          Thanks.
          IndusLady

Comment

Your custom css/template edits will conflict with any XML file, as it is child to style... I have attach XML file (vBulletin-Fans.com-style-006a) amd you can overwrite instead of creating a new style. Just select style (vBulletin-Fans.com - 006) to overwrite.

Down a copy of your main style incase you selected incorrect style to overwite.

Was kinda hoping to have .psd files within those styles, as it is hard to correctly match those colors.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jose,
              Looks like the xml style file is created using vbulletin version 3.8.4 but am running version 3.8.1.

Is it possible for you to provide me a xml file that is created using this version 3.8.1

Thanks.
              IndusLady

Comment

The 3.8 one will work on any 3.8 release. During import select to ignore version.

Comment

Hello Jose,

I tried and imported the style ignoring the version ( as suggested by Floris) , but still am having alignment issue in the showhread page, refer screen shot here.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by induslady; Thu 17 Sep '09, 9:18pm.
                  IndusLady

Comment

Ever thought of using vBadvance and just remove the part that uses front page. I see this more of an issue with that modification, then with your custom CSS or your forum would be showing this... I can always see if a simple side column works and if it does, then it maybe the mod. I know that modification does not hide overflow on one of its modules.

If this modification does not work, then try vBadvance and ask for instruction to disable front page and only show within forum board.

Comment

Hi Jose,
                      Thanks for such a valuable suggestion which helped me implement the idea I had in my mind in the forum.
                      With vba CMPS I added google ads as a module and integrated in the showthread page in the left column which you can see it here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ne...read-know.html

Thanks once again.

Note to other users who chance upon this thread: Want to implement a left or right column in your forum pages, go for vBa CMPS.
                      IndusLady

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X