vBulletin XP desktop ICON :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin XP desktop ICON :)

K, just to start off, this Icon was created by Prolex, I am just posting it because he's to lazy to

If your like me, if you have a theme going you want it to flow smoothly, maybe not but thats what I am like. Anyway, this was created as a shortcut icon to point to a vbulletin folder.

Installation:

NOTE: This installation guide is provided you are running windowsXP. If you are not then please if someone knows how, post a reply

Right click anywhere on your desktop. From the menu select New>Shortcut. With windowsXP it asks me for the program/folder I wish to shortcut it to, simply choose the folder that you created.

It will prompt you for the name for the shortcut, just type whatever you want. Now your shortcut should be complete. Right click on the icon and select Properties. A menu should pop up, select "Change Icon" from the menu. There will be a "browse" button, click on that and select the vbxp.ico file wherever you saved it.

Now your done enjoy :P
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Wow you actually gave me credit.. I figured you'd be like "Sin's New Vb XP Icon"

lmao "Little Brother"

Comment

cool although i'm still only using Win 98SE
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

You should be using Win XP or Win2k Pro.. WinXP as I have been told is PROVEN to run up to 64% faster than Win98se or Win95.

But XP was based on the Win2k system so that would explain why.

Newhoz l8ter

Comment

Re: ..

Originally posted by Prolex
          Wow you actually gave me credit.. I figured you'd be like "Sin's New Vb XP Icon"

lmao "Little Brother"
          I am 6 minutes older :P
          vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Re: Re: ..

Originally posted by Sinecure

I am 6 minutes older :P
            brothers ? really ?
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Twins

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ..

Originally posted by eva2000
                brothers ? really ?
                here we go
                MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

XP is running on win2k system, yeah, but can i then use the button if im using win2k-pro?

Comment

There is guide to making XP style icons here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?u...asp?frame=true

Also highly recommended is the newly released Microangelo 5.5 which has support for the new alpha transparent stuff.

Comment

Delhaze ,thats the same tutorial I use for making my icons, wee

Comment

Originally posted by Sinecure
                        Delhaze ,thats the same tutorial I use for making my icons, wee
                        OK, I just that noticed the one posted didn't have the "drop shadow" that XP icons have, or any or the other sizes or color depths, so I thought you hadn't read it.

Maybe Prolex hasn't read it

Comment

bingo

Comment

was his name-o?

Comment

Actually i've read it. It's got some helpful hints. And yah we are brotehrs.. most of the work you see I've done stuff for .. Like the new vbhacks.....I'm the unsung hero in all this

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X