Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nominate your favorite board - vB Board of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #1
    Site Name: Huntingne.com

    URL: www.huntingne.com/forum

    Description: Nebraska outdoors community and resource center.

    Stats: Threads: 13,927 Posts: 78,000, Members: 2,611 - Online since August, 2006.

    Reason for Nomination: This is basically a stock vBulletin installation. The forums are very active for being just a regional forum and are packed full of content rich posts.

    Thanks for your consideration,

    Scott G.

    Currently running XenForo, knee jerk to vB4 release. I'm back home, can't wait for vB5 GOLD release.

    Comment


    • #2
      Site Name: Spearfishingplanet.com

      URL: www.spearfishingplanet.com

      Description:
      Online community of competitive spearfishermen with users from several different countries.

      Stats: Threads: 11,875 Posts: 114,477, Members: 4,839 - Online since July, 2007.

      Reason for Nomination: This is our first attempt at a vbulletin site and we are very proud of what we have come up with. There have been minimal bugs and we have experimented with some different styles and mods, but it very reliable and growing fast. We host alot of original content, our users post photos from each fishing trip and we provide coverage and sponsorships of various tournaments.

      Thanks for taking a look.

      Howie(aka Hogsniper)[/QUOTE]

      Comment


      • #3
        Since I am no longer part of the staff, and my site has won over a year ago. I think it's fair that I can nominate myself again.

        Site Name: wetalk network - every day topic communities

        URL: http://wetalk.tv

        Description: Television Enthusiasts can eat their hearts out, online TV community.

        Stats: Threads: 17,071, Posts: 25,352, Members: 3,228 - Online since September, 2007.

        Reason for Nomination: We love to push the theme to the next generation, we love to be a network with topics like wetalk.tv, wetalkmovies.net, wetalkgames.net, wetalkmusic.net, etc .. and when someone signs up on one site, their login works on all the sites. A great social network to find new topics, new friends, and focus on those one or two topics you really care about.

        Thanks for your consideration

        Comment


        • #4
          Site Name: vBFans Network

          URL: http://www.vBFans.com

          Description: The first all-in-one unofficial vBulletin website incovering a huge range of topic combined with in-depth vBulletin news, information tools and community functions.

          Stats: Threads:
          Threads: 27,691, Posts: 148,005, Members: 15,095

          Reason for Nomination: We are from a single-site forum for general chit chat between friends and open to the public. Since then we have first made the move towards a target group (vBulletin users) to let them talk about their passions, be it vBulletin or something totally unrelated, and expanded into a multi-site network with many useful resources.
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
          My Blog: www.MrBrian.net
          My vBulletin:
          www.vBulletin-Fans.com
          JustIdling[dot]com: www.JustIdling.com NEW
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

          Comment


          • #5
            Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Since I am no longer part of the staff, and my site has won over a year ago. I think it's fair that I can nominate myself again.

            Site Name: wetalk network - every day topic communities

            URL: http://wetalk.tv

            Description: Television Enthusiasts can eat their hearts out, online TV community.

            Stats: Threads: 17,071, Posts: 25,352, Members: 3,228 - Online since September, 2007.

            Reason for Nomination: We love to push the theme to the next generation, we love to be a network with topics like wetalk.tv, wetalkmovies.net, wetalkgames.net, wetalkmusic.net, etc .. and when someone signs up on one site, their login works on all the sites. A great social network to find new topics, new friends, and focus on those one or two topics you really care about.

            Thanks for your consideration
            Seconded

            Originally posted by Mr. Brian View Post
            Site Name: vBFans Network

            URL: http://www.vBFans.com

            Description: The first all-in-one unofficial vBulletin website incovering a huge range of topic combined with in-depth vBulletin news, information tools and community functions.

            Stats: Threads:
            Threads: 27,691, Posts: 148,005, Members: 15,095

            Reason for Nomination: We are from a single-site forum for general chit chat between friends and open to the public. Since then we have first made the move towards a target group (vBulletin users) to let them talk about their passions, be it vBulletin or something totally unrelated, and expanded into a multi-site network with many useful resources.
            Seconded
            My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
            My Blog: Mikeylicious
            Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

            Comment


            • #6
              Originally posted by cam2 View Post
              Site Name: Huntingne.com

              URL: www.huntingne.com/forum

              Description: Nebraska outdoors community and resource center.

              Stats: Threads: 13,927 Posts: 78,000, Members: 2,611 - Online since August, 2006.

              Reason for Nomination: This is basically a stock vBulletin installation. The forums are very active for being just a regional forum and are packed full of content rich posts.

              Thanks for your consideration,

              Scott G.
              seconded
              Kerry-Anne :)

              Twitter Blog

              www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

              Comment


              • #7
                Site Name: The Flick Zone

                URL: http://theflickzone.com/?styleid=9 (I can't seem to change the default style....)

                Description: The Flick Zone - better than a remove control, constant movie updates and discussions.

                Stats: Threads: 2,264, Posts: 5,689, Members: 917, - Online since April, 2009.

                Reason for Nomination: Nice design, relevent to forum theme. Friendly community, and rules.. well.. there aren't really any rules... The internet's free!

                Thank you
                ct2k7
                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                Server / Website Consultation

                Comment


                • #8
                  www.cumbriamtb.co.uk - mountain bikers forums bassed in the northwest of england!

                  Comment


                  • #9
                    Originally posted by Floris View Post

                    Site Name: wetalk network - every day topic communities

                    URL: http://wetalk.tv
                    I concur, very nice looking site.
                    Cliff
                    PathLabTalk
                    Square Wheels Cycling

                    Comment


                    • #10
                      Originally posted by cam2 View Post
                      Site Name: Huntingne.com

                      URL: www.huntingne.com/forum

                      Description: Nebraska outdoors community and resource center.

                      Stats: Threads: 13,927 Posts: 78,000, Members: 2,611 - Online since August, 2006.

                      Reason for Nomination: This is basically a stock vBulletin installation. The forums are very active for being just a regional forum and are packed full of content rich posts.

                      Thanks for your consideration,

                      Scott G.
                      seconded

                      Originally posted by Mr. Brian View Post
                      Site Name: vBFans Network

                      URL: http://www.vBFans.com

                      Description: The first all-in-one unofficial vBulletin website incovering a huge range of topic combined with in-depth vBulletin news, information tools and community functions.

                      Stats: Threads:
                      Threads: 27,691, Posts: 148,005, Members: 15,095

                      Reason for Nomination: We are from a single-site forum for general chit chat between friends and open to the public. Since then we have first made the move towards a target group (vBulletin users) to let them talk about their passions, be it vBulletin or something totally unrelated, and expanded into a multi-site network with many useful resources.
                      seconded

                      Comment


                      • #11
                        Small Business Design Network

                        Site Name: The Small Business Design Network (Formally the Logo Design Forum)

                        URL: http://logodesignforum.com/forums

                        Description: The Small Business Design Network - because image matters, and networking is fun! Information on SEO, Site Design, Marketing and everything having to do with Laughingbird Software products!

                        Stats: Threads:
                        Threads: 8,454, Posts: 60,494, Members: 16,974

                        Reason for Nomination: I participate on this forum now for some number of years. Always have as a member and then now a moderator. Its always been helpful and well laid out for me. It was always a logo design forum and most recently now getting geared for small business theme. It shows off well of VB capability with mods, layout, and full Joomla integration. This forum is owned by Laughingbird Software.

                        Comment


                        • #12
                          Site Name: Pipe Smokers Forum

                          URL: http://pipesmokersforum.com

                          Description: A forum for pipe and pipe tobacco enthusiasts.

                          Stats: Threads: 159, Posts: 1,110, Members: 45 - Online since May, 2009.

                          Reason for Nomination: We are a new community dedicated to the time honored, relaxing, art of pipe smoking.
                          Pipe Smokers Forum
                          For pipe and pipe tobacco enthusiasts
                          http://pipesmokersforum.com

                          Comment


                          • #13
                            Seconding: wetalk.tv (awesome), and logodesignforum.com (enjoyed my visit!)

                            Site Name: WTF?!

                            URL: http://forums.wtf.com

                            Description: A forum with an infamous and zany cast of characters. This site has a focus on ranting, and news discussions of the day. That's not where it stops however, as we have a wide variety of forums and topics to enjoy (and usually to laugh at). Many features and menus present themselves when logging in, but guests can get some feel for the place as well.

                            Stats: Threads: 35,795, Posts: 804,141, Ranters: 17,501 - Online since Feb 14, 2004 (Valentine's Day, because that's just how we roll).

                            Reason for Nomination: We have grown to be a fairly unique site over the years, and we're pretty proud of the fact that member's generally police themselves (with an occasional whip smack from the staff). That's no small feat on a site known for it's.. open nature. Warning: We do allow bad language at this site, but we do not allow images that would rate worse than PG-13.

                            Thank you for your consideration.
                            -Jason / WTF.com

                            "I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

                            Comment


                            • #14
                              Originally posted by Wicked Web View Post
                              Site Name: The Small Business Design Network (Formally the Logo Design Forum)

                              URL: http://logodesignforum.com/forums
                              Nice ==> Seconded.

                              Originally posted by Alien View Post
                              Site Name: WTF?!

                              URL: http://forums.wtf.com
                              Ha! Love the motif ==> Seconded.

                              On another note - what is it with sites running the default vBulletin style being seconded? o.O -- I know I know I know - anyone can second any site for any reason blablabla - but doesn't that ring a bit hollow when the seconded site is running a style which looks exactly like vBulletin.com? Very odd... Anyway - Good luck everybody and keep the nominations coming

                              Jacquii.



                              "Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

                              Comment


                              • #15
                                i nominate http://www.interfans.org/forum/
                                and second http://forums.wtf.com/

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X