• Karas
    replied
    Hrm

You must have fixed the buttons by the time I saw it...they look fine now

Nice site btw!

Leave a comment:

• Aracnakat
    replied
    Okay .. I've started and this is so weird ..

If someone has a moment to take a look (and I'm just started so please don't mind the terrible colors at this point) .. but some of my buttons aren't showing up fully.

I've opened them up in PS and sure enough .. they are fine graphically .. but they are being scrunched on the boards (some of them are) .. and I haven't modified the w or h either (I've done nothing to the templates yet except show the new path to the images).

URL: http://forums.charrgrimmfate.com/ind...id=1&styleid=3

ie. see the "members" button at the top .. and if you look inside of a post .. you'll see that other buttons are scrunched too.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

~Kat

Leave a comment:

• Aracnakat
    replied
    Fury .. thank you very much for your help!! Excellent suggestions and directions!

And .. I'm certainly registered .. I would never steal anything from anyone .. anywhere .. anytime

Maka ... I'm a she ..

And the board I'm working on isn't for GS .. it's for Charr the Grimm Fate located at http://forums.charrgrimmfate.com/. But they don't want to be sued either

~Kat

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well if you have been to his website

http://www.planeteverquest.com/

You would know that he is in the gamespy network. Thus if no license, gamespy would be sued, because I know vbdevelopers are greedy

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    Assuming you have a valid license number entered into your profile...

1) If I make style #2 on my boards .. do I need to make a new directory to hold all the buttons? (ie, top_profile.gif; top_register.gif, on.gif etc.) If not, do I need to rename them all so that the different styles will know which buttons to use.

If the buttons for Style #2 are different than the ones from Style #1, yes you will need to create a different directory (unless you feel like going through all the templates and renaming all the image things). In the replacement variables section of Style #2 you'll need to set your images to the folder you uploaded Style#2's buttons

2) Once style #2 is complete, can I eliminate style #1 (which is default).

I believe this is possible, but probably not recommended in case you decide not to keep Style #2 because then you will have to go and create another new style with new replacements and templates in order to get that style back.

3) Can I "force" users to see style #2 ... but allow them to still select style #1 (in case I decide to keep them both).

This is a little different than you might expect, but here's approximately how to go about it. Make Style #2 on the default style and replacement/template sets (be sure to name it something other than Default and name the images variable to wherever you upload the images) then create a new style named "Default" with a new replacement set and template set, by default this style will be created with the default stuff. The users will see the modified style (since it is already selected in their profiles) and be able to select the vBulletin default looking style. (I hope I explained well enough, I've been known to blabber incoherently)

4) If I add hacks to style #2, how will that effect style #1 (or will it at all?)

Any hack that involves adding information to templates will have to be done twice (once for each style)

Hope this helps (and please tell me you didn't warez vBulletin )

Leave a comment:

• Aracnakat
    started a topic Trying to make a new style

Trying to make a new style

I'm trying to make a new style and have a couple of questions (I couldn't find any information on styles in the on-line manual .. so please bare with me).

1) If I make style #2 on my boards .. do I need to make a new directory to hold all the buttons? (ie, top_profile.gif; top_register.gif, on.gif etc.) If not, do I need to rename them all so that the different styles will know which buttons to use.

2) Once style #2 is complete, can I eliminate style #1 (which is default).

3) Can I "force" users to see style #2 ... but allow them to still select style #1 (in case I decide to keep them both).

4) If I add hacks to style #2, how will that effect style #1 (or will it at all?)

Thank you all in advance for your help.

~Kat