New design thanks to c-prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New design thanks to c-prompt

First, thanks to c-prompt for doing the work on my board! I wish I would have been able to pay you more than I actually did.

c-promt did an awesome redesign on my board and I would like you all to take a look at his work www.anabolic-advantage.com/index.php

Only 4 forums show to non-registered people....once they register there are 3 or 4 other forums available to them

Thredz uses that font too doesnt he c-prompt??
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

ohhh, its real purrdy cp
      MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Yep. I used it on my personal site as well. That redesign was to match his main page. So the look is actually all thanks to them. I just implemented it into the forums.

All props to the crew over there.

Comment

Also a note, the buttons and such havent been done yet. So don't think I left that there as complete. hehe

Comment

Just to let you know, the Welcome text is black. The background color is very dark. In other words, a visitor to your site would have an extremely difficult time reading the Welcome message that is supposed to tell him/her to register. Not a good thing.
            -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
            JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

Thanks JJ. Should be fixed now.

Comment

Yep, looks good!

Please excuse me for getting off topic for a second, c-prompt, but your wizardry leads me to believe (and to hope) that you might know the answer to a question that's been plaguing me (and several other members: How do you get the link color to change for a username in the Today's Birthdays section that shows up on the main forums page (forumhome)? Thanks if you can answer that (or for trying anyway)!
                -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

Well, I went and looked around but I can't find the template for "birthdays". Which is what we would need to edit. We then just add css code in the header for it, and add the class="whatever" in the links code.

Anyone know where this is? If not, developers how can I get to this line via phpmyadmin?

Comment

forumhome_birthdaybit
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

No the birthdaybit calls for another template for the actual birthday. Its called, "birthdays".

Comment

Oh, ok then.
                        Chen Avinadav
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Ok, in functions.php replace this:
                          PHP Code:
                          function getbirthdays() { 
                          with
                          PHP Code:
                          function getbirthdays($home=0) { 
                          Now in the same file replace:
                          Code:
                          calendar_showbirthdays
                          with
                          PHP Code:
                              iif($home,calendar_showbirthdays_home,calendar_showbirthdays
                          (two times)

Now in index.php replace:
                          PHP Code:
                          getbirthdays(); 
                          with
                          PHP Code:
                          getbirthdays(1); 
                          Now add a template named calendar_showbirthdays_home and put what you want there.

Untested, but should work.
                          Chen Avinadav

Comment

Well, it does something... Right now I can see the part that says "Today's Birthdays:", but I can't see the names. I think the problem is what to put in the new template. I've tried $birthdays (which is in the forumhome_birthdaybit template), and I've tried $bd_user's birthday (which is in the calendar_birthday template), but so far, I can't get the username (or age) to show up.

So what do I put in the new template?
                            -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

Exactly what's in the original template, but with the class or whatever c-prompt wanted.
                              Chen Avinadav

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X