Make VB compatible with Opera 5 and Netscape 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make VB compatible with Opera 5 and Netscape 6.1

Both browsers has some problems in displaying the tables within a thread (http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=26119).

Here is an easy fix.

In Template showthread find:

Code:
    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" width="100%">
    	<!-- Thread nav and post images -->
    In Template postbit find:

Code:
    <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top">
    and

Code:
    <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="middle" height="16">
    Delete width="100%".
    Streicher

This was the most helpful thing I have found regarding Netscape.

And NOBODY replied to it!

Wow

Comment

hmm ... i solved this problem in another way. i just made an image with the with i wanted and (one pixel highth) made an .gif out of it an put it in the postbit-template. now it works well for netscape and opera
      i never even thought about deleting the 100% *g*

Comment

What I did was, completely remove the whole spacer thing. It's not necessary, IMO. Then, I edited the templates so that each post is not within a seperate table. Just seperate cells. It renders perfect in Netscape and Mozilla, plus it shaved about 12kb's on a 15 post thread.

Comment

Bad thing is with your fix Craig,

Code:
          When some user, makes some really really really long post with code or something like this. It will stretch your entire page, and not just that one post, which can make it harder to read for you members...

Comment

True. But, I find it more annoying when just one post is streched out too far accross a page instead of the whole thread. Kinda looks ugly I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Armstrong
              What I did was, completely remove the whole spacer thing. It's not necessary, IMO.
              I have removed the spacer also and it is imho not necessary, because nothing happens
              Streicher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X