Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows XP Vbulletin theme FINAL RELEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse the ignorance...

Okay... I have done a search on customizing styles, but am a little confused. i have never altered the default set and am wanting to give my users the option of this great theme package.

In my attempts, I've made a folder called \imagesxp in my forum directory, and tried adding this as a replacement set and custom style, yet it does not work if selected from the user's control panel.

I know this has probably been asked before, but my initial search on detailed instructions and looking through the 'How Do I' section did not produce the answers.

Thanks!

Comment

If you are trying to replace the XP button scheme as your default theme simply overwrite the images in your image directory with the image included in the zip file.
      Board of the Month: November
      Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
      Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
      vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Well, I thought about that... but I'd rather give users the option of choosing between them in their control panel.

Is this easily done? If not, then I will overwrite the default images.

Thanks!

Comment

Well I beleive you go to the admin panel and then go to "ADD Style " Then under the drop down menu select "Create a new template set". I think then you customize that and there is an option below that says "user Selectable" which your users can select that theme..

Hope that helps..
          vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Theme Challenged...

Well, I'm trying to add the style in the Control Panel, and from there modifiying the replacement set as well to reflect the proper paths to the XP theme. This presents two issues, from what I can see.

1) When I actually go into my user control panel and select the XP Theme, and then hit the submit button, I get a blank screen.

2) If it did work (outside of the blank screen), I'm wondering how the default colors would be updated for the theme. When you add a theme, it seems to default to the standard color scheme.

I know I'm probably in the wrong forum for this support, but I would really like to ofer this theme as a choice to my users.

Thanx!!

Comment

hmm, Ur best bet is to post it in the "how do I" section.. U should get a response.. Just make sure you have entered you customer ID and Password, you have a better chance of getting a response from one of the developers..

Comment

Actually Jarvis, this might help you here..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=image+style

Comment

That's a pretty l33t l00king button set. Black l00ks good too..

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    UPDATE: Some people wanted the XP buttons without text so that they could put their own text in perhaps a different language. I have gone ahead and made the images with only the icons, NO TEXT. However just so you know, I used the font Trebuchet MS, with the default Drop shadow in the PSD's.

Download the TEXTLESS XP theme
                    Awesome, thanks a bunch, pal!
                    They look really slick!
                    -Tom
                    www.MCSEboard.de
                    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

hehe, Well let me know when ur done customizing them, cant wait to see what u do with em

Comment

Very Nice!

Put them to good use as an additional style here http://support.twilight-online.net/f....php?styleid=6

Comment

looks smashing there nicholas

Comment

I'm working on a page to showcase all these buttons...should be done in a few days..

Comment

I'm just starting out with 2.0.3 and while I'm still in "not quite committed" mode I'd like to try some styles, in particular this XPwin flavoring.

However, being a newbie I'm still digging through the forums and docs to find out how to go about adding a style.

Did I miss a "how to"?

Any pointers/suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA - Heinz

In the meantime I'll keep digging :-)

Comment

hwitten, check this link, it should help you.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=image+style

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X