SuperGif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperGif

Just in case any of you aren't aware of it there's a brilliant bit of software called SuperGif.

It basically reduces the size of any gif including animated.

You can expect to knock 40% of the total gif set for vb as saved by Photoshop.

http://www.boxtopsoft.com/supergif.html

PS. I have no connection to the company, apart from having purchased it.

kool thanks for the info m8

Comment

Thanx man I'll check it out

Comment

For free -> www.spinwave.com

Comment

very imteresting, thanks boys!
          MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

I want something that will automatically optimize in a lossless fashion all uploads to my vb. (actually that's what glibzip or whateverits called does)

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
              For free -> www.spinwave.com
              Actually this (gifcruncher) is not an alternative to supergif. It reduces the file size by reducing the number of colours. (lossy)

Supergif actually optimises the file itself. It leaves the number of colours as they were. (lossless)

All graphics apps save gifs in a slightly different format, while they are all within the standard, and therefore all appear the same when viewed, some contain additional information that isn't actually needed.

Supergif removes this leaving the smallest possible file.

It holds the record at the moment for producing the smallest gif file sizes. BTW second is Fireworks which is pretty good for a mainstream graphics app. Photoshop is not in the top 10 !!

I just ran supergif on a gifcruncher produced image and it knocked %10 of the size.
              Last edited by Delhaze; Wed 15th Aug '01, 5:29pm.

Comment

yeah supergif gave my pictures a smeary effect in places by meshing colors together. thanks Delhaze for the info
                MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Originally posted by snyx
                  yeah supergif gave my pictures a smeary effect in places by meshing colors together. thanks Delhaze for the info
                  Are you sure you dont mean gifcruncher, supergif shouldn't be able to do that

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X