vbulletin for 2 different sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin for 2 different sites

I know vbulletin support co-branding, but how do I place the link from my other site?

e.g
    main site for vbulletin = http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

my second site but using the same board with different look. What's the link?

Is the creating of co-branding done in template?
    <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

When you create new styles, they get their own style number. So you could have:

www.yourboard.com/forum/index.php?styleid=1 (default one)
    www.yourboard.com/forum/index.php?styleid=2 etc.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Thanks.
      <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

Comment

I can't get it to work.

I have created

2 templates
        2 styles
        2 Replacement variables.

How do I check which is which styles id?

Comment

To find the styleid, go into your Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify

Now place your cursor over the 'properties' link for each style. You'll see the styleid in the URL locator box.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there a tutorial guide, I can't seems to be able to get it working.

Comment

What can't you get working?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes it just won't work. Probably it's just my lack of knowledge in using vB.

Ok this is what happen.
                1. Created a new templates.
                2. Created a new Replacement variables.
                3. Created a new styles and associate them with the two new templates and replacement variables.
                4. Save the new header, footer and color schema for the new styles.
                5. check for the new styles id. (assuming it's 20)
                6. Test run in browse http://www.yourboard.com/forum/index.php?styleid=20
                7. Still looks the same as my default styles.
                8. Please HELP ME.

Comment

Is the style in question 'user selectable'? This needs to be set to yes.

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Properties -> User selectable? -> Yes

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok, when I enable that option I get this problem.

Tried my newly created styles
                    www.yourboard.com/forum/index.php?styleid=2

Now when ever I launch the default styles
                    www.yourboard.com/forum/index.php

it keeps going to the new styles??

Comment

Please help, I'm stuck here.

Comment

Do you have a test account on your board so I can check it out?
                        Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 21 Aug '01, 9:45am.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have deleted the newly created styles. Should I created it again?

Test account id.
                          test000

Comment

Originally posted by certify
                            I have deleted the newly created styles. Should I created it again?
                            Yeah - otherwise it would be kind of hard to troubleshoot the problem!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It's done.. stylesid = 23

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X