This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    It will be investigated as per the competition rules. 'Ballot box stuffing' has occurred before unfortunately.
    Hi Steve - forgive the intrusion in what should be a relatively simple thread. What exactly is meant by 'Ballot box stuffing'?

The only reason I ask is that as co-owner of one of the sites listed in the running I thought it would be 'unethical' to register simply to cast a vote (which of course is why I have refrained from voting). Neither have I asked any of our members to register simply to vote - it seems if one of the sites listed is anything to go by though, that it's ok? Would I be wrong in that assumption?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this

Ozscot.

Comment

Voted. aljawariss.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ozscot View Post
        Hi Steve - forgive the intrusion in what should be a relatively simple thread. What exactly is meant by 'Ballot box stuffing'?

The only reason I ask is that as co-owner of one of the sites listed in the running I thought it would be 'unethical' to register simply to cast a vote (which of course is why I have refrained from voting).
        Yes, it is unethical and against the rules:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108202
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

In light of the emergence of ballot stuffing and votes being cast not on the merits of the relative sites but on the basis of race and religion, Planet-flipside.com respectfully request that we be removed from this poll as we do not want to be associated with this type of behaviour in any way.

Anyone with a translator can read what's been going on here.

Comment

Translations:
            [Nomination] Ajawars Arab need you

God grant God, I am by you and Magsrtoa registration .. Forum I. ..
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/register.php
            II .. Must be linked via the same version that Sgeltwa when you here ..
            http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
            Or rather added that writing Tsgelon here and tell you activate calls ..
            But competition laws and God knows you have you registered for the Forum by 30 days
            You tried God grant you, it voted ..
            Good luck to you Yalgalin
            Your adequate

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This entire BOTM contest is under review and may be discontinued because of rampant abuse and conflicts. Month after month it is one conflict after another and I see no point in continuing this if people cannot grow up and play fair.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I agree it's been a sham from the very first contest. About time it is stopped.
                Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

mmmmm so niceee style aljawariss.net

It reminds of the fantastic arabian oasis's treasures with its charming beauty

It's for sure aljawariss I've voted for.

Good Luck 4 you aljawariss

and Good Luck for all

Comment

Originally posted by vanpelt View Post
                    In light of the emergence of ballot stuffing and votes being cast not on the merits of the relative sites but on the basis of race and religion, Planet-flipside.com respectfully request that we be removed from this poll as we do not want to be associated with this type of behaviour in any way.

Anyone with a translator can read what's been going on here.
                    If the BOTM survives past this latest fiasco we can always resubmit our sites again at some point in the future.

It is a tad disheartening though to see such obvious ballot stuffing when I've purposely not told anybody in my 'online circle' of friends that one of my sites is included this month so that there was absolutely no chance of it looking like that I encouraged voting.

<sigh>

EDIT: Come to think of it... even the nomination process is a bit depressing considering that people chime in with who they are going to vote for way before the list of sites to be voted on is even complete.
                    [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond777 View Post
                      mmmmm so niceee style aljawariss.net

It reminds of the fantastic arabian oasis's treasures with its charming beauty

It's for sure aljawariss I've voted for.

Good Luck 4 you aljawariss

and Good Luck for all

Lol, I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by KW802 View Post
                        If the BOTM survives past this latest fiasco we can always resubmit our sites again at some point in the future.

It is a tad disheartening though to see such obvious ballot stuffing when I've purposely not told anybody in my 'online circle' of friends that one of my sites is included this month so that there was absolutely no chance of it looking like that I encouraged voting.

<sigh>

EDIT: Come to think of it... even the nomination process is a bit depressing considering that people chime in with who they are going to vote for way before the list of sites to be voted on is even complete.
                        I think the principle of the poll is admirable...but when we agreed to be part of it we rather naively presumed people would respond without partisanship. There is something to be gained from knowing how others evaluate your own site and we thought this would assist (objectively) in that process. How wrong we were. The voting does not reflect the relative merits of each site in the sense of design, content or user friendliness, for some it's more important to be first than to learn how to improve what they already have. I guess planet-flipside could have lived with that if it were not for the nature of the motives in the pattern of voting. Race or religion should never ever be a factor in anything like a poll of this type. I note with interest that one of the supporters of one contestant is now actively urging the removal of the thread which betrayed their so called 'objectivity' http://www.traidnt.net/vb/showthread...=641104&page=6

I feel sorry for S Molinari who has obviously tried to provide some entertainment and to do so fairly, I also sympathise with Vbulletin who find themselves caught in such a farce...but really the charade that is this month's competition should end.

Ozscot

Comment

I just want to announce and clarify that what happened is not something that I planned for or even aware of, it was just an effort of a big FAN of my website. I hope that this action not to be blamed on me, because I know the rules and I only play by the rules. To assure you my honesty and integrity as a candidate on this competition, I contacted the Admin responsible for the website which caused all this and I've explained to him the rules and regulations of this competition, and I've arranged with him to clear the invitation for voting subject by that fan.
                          Another thing that concerns me, that is why some members are upset every time an Arabic website steps in to the competition and got a lot of votesI believe that this question has been asked before and it was answered too. Let me remind you of year 2005 and what happened with vbulletinclub.com, and here I Quote :

Originally posted by AWS View Post
                          When vbulletin club won for the month the same thing was said. It was investigated and found they did nothing wrong. They have a loyal userbase and most of them own vbulletin licenses and choose to vote for a forum they are familiar with. Thay have a right to vote for whoever they please.
                          I am sure if vbulletin Germany was allowed into the contest that the same thing would happen. While vbulletin club is not an official Jelsoft site they are in the eyes of Middle East forum owners. Use a translator to view the forum. You'll understand why the users are loyal.
                          Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          FWIW there are a lot of licensed Arabic sites. vBulletin is by far the leading BB system for Arabic sites.

Finally, I want to say that I'm standing in a position that "alkahf" were in before. And I can not say or explain more than what he said, and it is here for all of you to read http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=81 .

Best regards,,,
                          Last edited by aljawariss; Fri 7 Dec '07, 11:11pm.
                          http://www.aljawariss.net/upload/Fol...ariss-logo.jpg

Comment

I'm very disappointed Mr Molinari that you can imply ANY anti-Arabic sentiment in our complaints and indeed I would like you to retract what you have said above before I find it necessary to take the matter further. No such implication explicit or implicit, can be found in any post we have made, any Pm, or otherwise. Maybe YOU personally could extrapolate something of that order from our posts but I would respectfully suggest it highlights your apparent inadequacy when it comes to making inferences when the relevant facts are placed before you whether prima-facie or otherwise.

We at planet-flipside harbour no animosity, no ill will and absolutely no anti-arabic sentiment whatever towards our Arabic or Muslim neighbours and I deeply resent the suggestion from you that you 'could'. All we harbour is the desire to see a contest run fairly and you have singularly failed to act upon the evidence which shows the contrary.

I repeat - I would like a retraction of your comment above. Thank you.

Ozscot

Comment

my vote to aljawariss.net
                              good luck

Comment

certainly my vote to aljawariss.net

Good luck

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X