Release: VButton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok bug should be fixed with 0stars.

I've had to add the file here as I couldn't add it back to the original post.

Comment

Amazing job! Everything worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

I also thanks you! everything works now!

Comment

Your very welcome.

My laptop only takes 1min 25secs for a full set.

The first time I created a set by hand it took me 3 days.

I've just added 2 extra style's to my board and it took less than 10 mins all in.

Comment

could you please enter the url to your board in your profile, im really interrested in seeing it!

Comment

I wish my computer only took 1min 25secs for a full set... hehe Takes me over 4 minutes for a whole set... I need to upgrade this stupid thing... But I have to wait until March or so, when the Tax Return check comes... *sniff* Until then... I have to wait 4 minutes for a set... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ozone2000
                could you please enter the url to your board in your profile, im really interrested in seeing it!
                I could say the same to you !

Comment

ok...I am stumped.

I'm sure this might be considered off topic from the general ideology of this post but I am a bit confused about something.

How can one use a different set of smilies/icons/polls/attachment images for each individual style?

I know that you specify the images path in your style, but that doesn't help with the "other" images for lack of better terms.

Comment

I think it works like this.

Each styleid has its own attachment and polls sub folder under the { imagespath}

The smilies and icons (by default) always come from the sub folder under the { imagespath} from styleid =1

The attachment & polls are not included in the Graphics Kit BTW (unless there very well hidden).
                    So just copy the defaults into each style folder.

If you need to modify them, you will have to edit the gif files directly. Paint Shop Pros' colorize feature would be good for the polls.

I don't really see why you would want to change the attachment gifs as they are the default icon for the associated application.
                    Unless you are anti MS of course.

Mods please correct if inaccurate.

Comment

• Delhaze

I have looked all over my FTP directory listing looking to place the smilies and icons folders into my STYLE directory of the particular style that I have changed via the vbutton program.

The problem that I have found is that it appears as though the smilie and icon paths are hardcoded in the db and don't actually parse off of the {imagesfolder} replacement variable.

This is a guess and I could be wrong, but placing a new folder called Havoc-Captain underneath the images directory and then placing the smilie and icon folders underneath Havoc-Captain did not yield appropriate results when I pointed my style to that image directory. :/

Comment

• Re: Delhaze

Originally posted by HalfBreed

The problem that I have found is that it appears as though the smilie and icon paths are hardcoded in the db and don't actually parse off of the images replacement variable.
                        Sounds right, as I have my default style running from the default images folder.

The forums wouldn't really work any other way, if you had multiple icon & smilie folders you would see different icons & smilies depending on the style you chose. So if a user picked a happy face, someone using a different style would either get a different image, or even no image.

Comment

• Re: Re: Delhaze

Originally posted by Delhaze

Sounds right, as I have my default style running from the default images folder.

The forums wouldn't really work any other way, if you had multiple icon & smilie folders you would see different icons & smilies depending on the style you chose. So if a user picked a happy face, someone using a different style would either get a different image, or even no image.

Good point.

I'm wondering if you can combat propriatary with propriatary..IE: Hardcode the path of your style folder (images) in your template?

Anyone have any ideas? I've gotten up to a point where I can change the smilies in the javascript box (per style), the posting icons (per style), but when you select any of them, they revert BACK to the original vbb ones. :/

Comment

• Hi again!

I've though about the idea of the background image thing, and also changing fonts, so i fixed up a sketch of what i think would be cool, here(description underneeth the image):

I changed it a bit in fireworks so that the sktch would look more realistic, when the "Colored Buttons." is selected the "Background Image." stuff shows up as the inactive grey color, and nonselectable, the same goes for the colors when the "Background Image." is selected! The font dropdown should contain all the fonts located on the users computer, or the standar windows ones! and it should be selectable at both the background image and the colored button selection!

... dont you think this would be a good idea?

Comment

• excellant

will stop me bugging the crap outa my mate to recolor buttons

Comment

• yeah man thats a great idea

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X