Quick Reply Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply Template?

We use parent styles to work with and trickle down to other styles, but for some reason on one of them it didn't change the Quick Reply box.

So quick question, where do I change the width of the Quick Reply box on a style?

You can set the Quick Reply box width here:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> All Style Options -> Go -> Sizes and Dimensions -> Message Area Width (pixels)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you Steve. But unfortunately my coder stated that it did not fix the problem. Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Side question: For some reason unbeknownst to me, unless it's only on times of upgrading the vb version, it states that several templates have "issues" to put it shortly. N' that some parts of the forum may not operate properly if they aren't fixed or reverted. On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is this to fix on a regular basis? How often do problems actually occur because of this?

Comment

1. Sorry, wrong instructions. Edit this section of the showthread_quickreply template and change the width setting to whatever you want:

<div class="controlbar">
        <textarea name="message" id="qr_message" class="bginput" style="width:600px; height:100px" cols="60" rows="5" tabindex="1"
        ></textarea>
        </div>

2. This depends on the template and if it is one that is listed in the new version Announcements as being 'mandatory' to revert. Personally I keep my templates up-to-date and redo the customizations with every new release.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X