X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    Originally posted by OS, View Post
    I understand but if i specify a fixed width.. what if my users are on a higher screen res it will then become disproportionate and uneven surely?
    well.. maybe you should make a poll and see what your members use as a resolution. That's what I did and almost 90% of the members used the same resolution.

Leave a comment:

• OS,
    replied
    Originally posted by simsim View Post
    This is not a proper way to achieve the effect you're after. You'll need to create a background GIF that sets the bordr/skirt effect on both sides not just one. Also you ma need to specify a fixed-width layout for better results, then set your CSS rule as:
    HTML Code:
    .page {
        background: url(images/styles/bubble-flower/misc/z02_24.gif) repeat-y top center;
    }
    I understand but if i specify a fixed width.. what if my users are on a higher screen res it will then become disproportionate and uneven surely?

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    This is not a proper way to achieve the effect you're after. You'll need to create a background GIF that sets the bordr/skirt effect on both sides not just one. Also you ma need to specify a fixed-width layout for better results, then set your CSS rule as:
    HTML Code:
    .page {
        background: url(images/styles/bubble-flower/misc/z02_24.gif) repeat-y top center;
    }

Leave a comment:

• OS,
    started a topic CSS side border/skirt help :(

CSS side border/skirt help :(

Hi all i have some trouble getting a small peice of CSS to work properly.
    I am working on the inner background of my forum.

I am adding the extra CSS under Style Manager > MyStyle > MainCSS > Additional CSS Definitions (at the bottom)

Now this is the CSS im using to add an image line on the left side of the inner background of my forum. Ive got it to work on the left using this css:

.page {
    background:
    url(images/styles/bubble-flower/misc/z02_24.gif) repeat-y left
    }

See this image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/sidecsss.jpg

But it dosent work when i try the same and add the same to the right.. and if i do get it to work on the right the left disappears... and vice versa..

Ive also tried..

.page {
    background:
    url(images/styles/bubble-flower/misc/z02_24.gif) repeat-y left;
    url(images/styles/bubble-flower/misc/z02_24.gif) repeat-y right
    }

Thanks ever so much!