Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration Rules Stretching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you still getting 'File does not contain expected contents'?

    If so, the files are either not being uploaded correctly or you are not overwriting the ones on the server.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    I had a go at uploading it again and I made sure it was in ASCII mode but it still didn't change anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    This means the files are not being upoaded correctly. I suggets trying a different FTP program and making sure that you are uploading all non-iimage files in ASCII mode.

    You will know that you have uploaded the files correctly when you no longer get those results.

    Do not run the upgrade again since you have already upgraded to 3.6.8.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    But I did that before, and then it said the files weren't what was expected (in the diagnostics bit).

    When I originally updated from .7 to .8, I uploaded all the new files as instruced, I know I did because ive checked the last altered dates on them.

    I've uploaded the root files for .8 again. The diagnostics for those files now says...

    File does not contain expected contents
    I don't seem to be losing any functionality though. Should I run the upgrade system again?

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    That means that you have not uploaded the 3.6.8 files. You need to do that as per post #7.

    Make sure that your FTP client is set to automaticallly overwrite the files.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you weren't aware. I did all that stuff, and it's now saying (for the root files)...

    File version mismatch: found 3.6.7 PL1, expected 3.6.8
    ...except for arcade.php, and statistics.php, where it rightfully says they are recognized as a part of vBulletin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, I'm aware of what it said before. But based on post #8 I am asking what it says now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    What do the suspect file diagnostics show?
    Originally posted by Lovemonk View Post
    Steve, I did a diagnostics thing, and some files from the forum root say File version mismatch: found 3.6.7 PL1, expected 3.6.8. I then downloaded 3.6.8 again and uploaded the matching files....which then made it say File does not contain what was expected which made me worry. So I downloaded 3.6.7 and put them back so it says what it did at the beginning...again. Does that all sound okay?

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    What do the suspect file diagnostics show?

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    I uploaded the vb3.6.8 files matching those that said "expected 3.6.8" in the diagnostics bit, but then it said not what was expected. Also, I upgraded from 7 to 8, so shouldn't it have all been automatically done?

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to upload the 3.6.8 files.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    I'm running vb 3.6.8, and it says that in the adminc CP too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve Machol
    replied
    That depends. Which version of vB are you running and which one shows up in the Admin CP?

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovemonk
    replied
    kiwilerner, I had to trim it down to 600, but it worked a treat, cheers!

    Steve, I did a diagnostics thing, and some files from the forum root say File version mismatch: found 3.6.7 PL1, expected 3.6.8. I then downloaded 3.6.8 again and uploaded the matching files....which then made it say File does not contain what was expected which made me worry. So I downloaded 3.6.7 and put them back so it says what it did at the beginning...again. Does that all sound okay?

    Leave a comment:


  • kiwilerner
    replied
    Hi Lovemonk. (I swear I'm not stalking you! Just seems like I know the answers to your issues, heh.)

    I see the problem -- you've set a specific width for the "page" class of 900px. Since the rules are wrapped in a DIV that uses the page class, they're inheriting this width.

    Easy fix though. In your style's Registration template category, open up register_rules and look for:

    Code:
    <div class="page" style="border:thin inset; padding:$stylevar[cellpadding]px;<if condition="!is_browser('konqueror')"> height:175px; overflow:auto</if>">
    We want to add a specific width for this form -- for example, "width:625px;". So you can change the above to:

    Code:
    <div class="page" style="border:thin inset; padding:$stylevar[cellpadding]px; width:625px; <if condition="!is_browser('konqueror')"> height:175px; overflow:auto</if>">
    This should do the trick. Good luck!

    Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X