No announcement yet.

Photoshop 6 Actions For Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now adjusted the actions to add extra buttons like top links and live chat, I have also corrected a few small problems.
    These actions are for Photoshop 6 and to use them.
    Extract the vb2gfxdev.zip to your windows desk top ( this is the vBulletin 2 Graphics Developer Kit downloaded from the members area) then extract the Buttons6.zip anywere you like.
    Open photoshop 6 and go to the actions on the right hand side, go to the arrow at the top of these and scroll down to "load actions" now load in the actions from the zip file you extracted.
    Highlight "start here" and press the play button at the bottom of the actions, now follow the onscreen instructions.
    There are image instructions in the zip file at the start of this thread if you still have problems.
    All the best Bald Bouncer
    Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

Thank you so much for making my life easier.

Changing the color of the buttons couldn't be easier, however, for those of us that use different styles, one of the easiest ways to do this is create a folder named after your particular style and copy the icons into that folder. I then reflected the new path in the control panel for the particular style.

This is how I have done it and it seems to work great, however, I have noticed the following images are not created (possibly due to missed steps in the action):

0stars.gif
      announce.gif
      clear.gif
      dot_hotfolder.gif
      dot_hotlockfolder.gif
      dot_newhotfolder.gif
      dot_newhotlockfolder.gif
      hotfolder.gif
      hotlockfolder.gif
      lock.gif
      menu_background.gif
      multipage.gif
      newhotfolder.gif
      newhotlockfolder.gif
      newpm.gif
      next.gif
      offlock.gif
      on.gif
      onlock.gif
      paperclip.gif
      poll.gif
      posticonnew.gif
      prev.gif
      uinadd.gif
      vb_bullet.gif

Also, what about including the actions for changing the colors of the icons in the following folders:

/icons
      /polls
      /attachments

This would allow one to completely customize the graphics per style.

I'm not sure what the turn around time is on something like this or whether it's a dropped project or not, but I just thought I would toss this out for those doing the updating.

Comment

The buttons I missed I considered to be standard colours on all sets although I thing there are a couple there I thought I had done or things like the menu_background could cause new users a few problems if they don't want a colour change.
        I have written several other convertion actions Ie: for the smiles and the text but havn't yet put made them (here comes the buzz word) User Friendly.
        I have made a new developement kit working from the actions to create a different look though and here is a sample.
        These samples of two sets I have sent to Rocker Grrl and another set i'm now using on www.x-forums.com

Thanks for the feed back Bald Bouncer

Comment

These Two Sets

Black and Red

Comment

Dark Blue And Blue

Comment

Sounds Nice

But No Links or anything seem to work..

Comment

aye the links only worked for a short time after posting; so i assume BB deleted them?

Comment

I just found this thread, but the actions downloads seem to have been taken off?
                  vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

No it's about 5 posts back buttons6.zip some of the demo stuff is gone because I changed server but the instructions are in the post.
                    BB

Comment

Photoshop enabled buttons for vBuylletin

Has anybody ever been able to download from www.x-forums.com/pics the file button_actions.zip?
                      I have been unable to get on the site.
                      Is this file maybe available elsewhere?
                      Thanks for any help you may give me
                      Garuda

Comment

The actions are in a post about 5 posts up, the others I lost when me server desided they didn't like my forum content and pulled it with no notice, it's back now but I have yet to add some stuff back but the instructions on use are in the post.
                        BB

Comment

photoshop action for button creation

Thanks for the reply .
                          However, when I click on the link you provided my browser keeps searching to make contact with the site and actually never makes contact on several tries.
                          Help please
                          Thanks
                          Garuda

Comment

Attachment: buttons6.zip
                            This has been downloaded 196 time(s). at the top of this page ???????

Comment

File not found

Hi
                              Thank you for your reply.
                              However, when I try to download the file from the link you sent me I get the following error message
                              Error Message : File requested does not exists, download aborted. URL: http://www.x-forums.com/pics/button_action.zip
                              end of error message.
                              Please help one more time.
                              Thanks
                              Garuda

Comment

This is the one you want, if you still get problems drop me a email and I will send you them.
                                [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X