No announcement yet.

Photoshop 6 Actions For Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them some FUNKY buttons man! Anyone making a 70's site, Bald Bouncer got your buttons.
    MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Bouncer
      I haven't got Photoshop 5.5 on any more but can you tell me if the vBulletin 2 Graphics Developer Kit all loads and if fully editable in 5.5 ? if so then it's just a case of me reinstalling 5.5 and editing the actions in that to work.
      Cheers Bald Bouncer
      Yes it does, that's very nice of you to offer!!! That's too much trouble isn't it? I'll try to get my company to spring for an upgrade to 6.

Comment

Ok thats cool give me a day or so and I will reinstall 5.5 and convert the actions for it.
        I have had a bit ofa play and tried using the actions to create styles instead of gradiants.

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/style.zip
        Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

In the latest mixed one, sometimes you are changing the greyish gradient, sometimes the yellow, sometimes both (hot folder).

Shouldn't it only be the the grey gradient that gets changed?

I supose it a personal preference, and depends on the colors your using for the board, but from other boards I have seen, I would have thought it was the norm.

How about 2 scripts, 1 for grey/off, and 1 for yellow/on. Even this will be a problem for the stars as it uses both. And as for font color .....

It a shame the actions are a bit limited and not really editable.
          (Photoshop general comment - not specifically yours)

Comment

In the latest mixed one, sometimes you are changing the greyish gradient, sometimes the yellow, sometimes both (hot folder).

Shouldn't it only be the the grey gradient that gets changed?
            Yes I think your right, I will look at it again and see, another thing I wasn't sure about was do I colour fill on things like the folder with the top base colour or use a gradiant on them, i'm still not sure.
            The actions can be edited in this way:
            Move to the part of the action you want to change, highlight it then go to the bottom trash can and delete it, highlight the section in the action before you removed and press record then perform the task you want then press the stop button. If you are changing for example a gradiant open any layer on any button and perform it on that, this will then perform the same action on any layer. It's really a lot harder to understand my instructions than it is to do sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Bouncer

Yes I think your right, I will look at it again and see, another thing I wasn't sure about was do I colour fill on things like the folder with the top base colour or use a gradiant on them, i'm still not sure.
              The actions can be edited in this way:
              Move to the part of the action you want to change, highlight it then go to the bottom trash can and delete it, highlight the section in the action before you removed and press record then perform the task you want then press the stop button. If you are changing for example a gradiant open any layer on any button and perform it on that, this will then perform the same action on any layer. It's really a lot harder to understand my instructions than it is to do sorry
              When I did my buttons manually I had to check on a very high quality monitor to see if gradients had been used in some cases. My laptop wasn't quite good enough. The obvious one's being straight top to bottom, while others being diag top/left to bottom/right. The instructions in the manual could be a little more detailed here.

No need to be sorry, I had already worked out how to edit them as you describe, I just wish Adobe had gone a lot further with actions in general.

The fixed file path is a pain, and if you wanted to change both the text color, highlight gradient and background gradient, you would need user input at several different places, and it would rather defeat the whole point.

Comment

Yer I agree the actions are a great tool but it would be nice if adobe had made them a bit more user friendly.
                Inserting stop options works but as you say they can slow it down and confuse someone who isn't used to using actions.
                Still after saying that I use the actions a lot and they save me loads of time.
                Thanks for the feed back and I will keep working to improve them futher.
                Bald Bouncer

Comment

Please add my name to the list of Photoshop 5.5 owners who would love to have this option. Thanks for all your hard work

Jbear62000
                  Thanks
                  Jbear62000

vB ver 2.0.3 - License info is located in my profile :)

Comment

Hey BB you slacker where is my new "Admin CP" and "Mod CP" buttons lolol

Seriously I installed photoshop today bud and actualy tried them and what can I say the guys at shack are impressed.

Not quite as impressed as when you got strippers on your webcam for us but hey its a start

Cheers Fatty

HM

Comment

I have reinstalled Photoshop 5.5 and written a set for that below, I have had a few problems with the layers on and off which means until I sort it out some buttons are missing in this version.
                      Please give me some feed back.

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/photo55.zip

Bald Bouncer

Comment

How about this idea.

ActionSet1 = change the grey gradient to your chosen colour scheme and resave as photoshop files.

ActionSet2 = (optional) = change yellow gradient and resave as photoshop

ActionSet3 - (optional) = change font colour of above or Set 1 and resave as photoshop[

ActionSet4 - (optional) = capitalise font of above or result from Set1 , Set2 or Set 3 and resave as photoshop

ActionSet5= create gif output from the photshop files created in any of the above sets.

By creating these "sets" most people could simply use steps 1 & 5, and people that have extra requirement can use another combination. eg dark text on light gradient could use steps 1, 3 & 5.

Also anyone that wanted additional buttons could simple open up the photoshop files after the changes and add additional layers for the extra buttons.

Now this will be A LOT of work, however I am more than happy to beta test and help with the documentation.

Hope you understand what I'm thinking here, it's not too easy to explain.

Comment

Yer sounds good, only problem I can see is that if you resave over the original then they will have to be overwritten with the zip to make any futher changes but I can't really see this is a big problem.
                          I have had a few problems with photoshop 5.5 with layer recognition while performing a action but I will try breaking it down into sets as you suggest and see how that goes in photoshop 6 as the text is a lot more dificult to edit in 5.5.
                          Thanks for the feed back and I will try and get some betas up for you to test tomorrow.
                          Bald Bouncer

Comment

AWESOME!

It works great! Before that one, I was working on one Button approx. 3-4 Minutes (including Translation) an now it takes approx. 8 for all of them.

Very fine. THANX a lot!

Regards,
                            Chris.
                            German:
                            DCF: The matter of IT-Support

Comment

Good i'm glad you found them of use, I am going to work on some sets of actions that also change the text etc but I have been caught up doing a small project for a friendand I won't get chance to complet them for a few days.
                              Thanks for your feed back
                              Bald Bouncer

Comment

I have now tried doing a different button style and have edited the dev set and written actions for them so the colours can be edited.
                                Please give me some feed back.
                                Bald Bouncer.

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/greengreen.zip

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/blackred.zip

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/orangeyellow.zip

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/bluegrey.zip

http://www.x-forums.com/pics/reddkred.zip

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X