Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin default skin anyone?

Hey
    My default skin is messed and i was wondering if i can get a copy of the default skin 2 install over my current one...
    thanks

Why not revert stlye: Styles & Templates > Style Manager > {Choose Style To Revert Template Edits] Revert All Templates

or

Download / Upload Styles > Import Style XML File >
    • OR import the XML file from your server: [./install/vbulletin-style.xml]
    • Merge Into Style: { Choose style that is of no use }
      (Selecting a style here will cause the imported style to be merged into an existing style, overwriting any conflicting entries. Leave blank to create a new style)
    • Ignore Style Version: [No]
      Use style file even if it was created by a different version of vBulletin?

Comment

I believe that if you create a "new" style and do not give it a "parent style" that will create the "default" style for you.

See Steve's response here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=default+style

Regards,
      Last edited by slappy; Thu 7 Jun '07, 11:03pm.
      Slappy

Comment

Originally posted by slappy View Post
        I believe that if you create a "new" style and do not give it a "parent style" that will create the "default" style for you.

See Steve's response here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=default+style

Regards,
        yup, just click add new style and it'll use the default css
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Just do not get why would anyone would want to increase style increment number when you can easly over write a style. Question was to overwrite, unless it is 'Master Style' that you were editing, then you can reupload the install/vbulletin-style.xml file and re-import it via the Upload/Download Styles option.

Comment

One reason might be simply to retain his "original" style with modification which have already been made and a "new" default style into which the person could then copy and past some or most, but not all, of their previous modifications.

I can't see that "increment number" would be a meaningful issue. I doubt that very many users are running up against a finite limit to style numbers, but I'm not arguing your suggestion does not work, only that it is a little more complex than what Steve recommended.

Regards,
            Slappy

Comment

You are mistaken, as both ways the most simplistic ways to get the same results. It maybe complicate for you to achieve this, but I am still answering his question properly and yours is to create another style and with he would have to delete his and he wants to overwrite style, as quoted 'My default skin is messed and i was wondering if i can get a copy of the default skin 2 install over my current one...'

Not arguing, just answering the question as it was place on thread starters post.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X