Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create Leftside Rightside Column - includes Table(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you use this fix for that you see under tcat
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...5&postcount=19

Comment

I did not see that. However there is no "spacer_open" in the navbar for version 3.6.8 so where should I place that code?

Comment

Show me what is wrong, as I thought it is post are smaller in width then the tcat thread tools bar.

Comment

Like I said if you set it to percentages it works. I want to set mine to 950px in the admincp. Here is the forum screen shoot and the thread screen shot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you edit or play with these settings, as I mention this in first post.
            Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > StyleVars {Drop Down Menu} > Sizes and Dimensions
            • Message Area Width (pixels): [440px]
              (This value allows you to specify the width in pixels of the text box used for all message posting in vBulletin)
            • Code Block Width (pixels): [440px]
              (This value controls the width of [code], [php] and [html] bbcode blocks. You may set this value to 'auto', but if you do, Internet Explorer will stretch the width of the block rather than inserting a scrollbar.)

Comment

Yes I just tried changing those both to 440 with no results. It still does the same thing.

Comment

I seem to can not change post message width size anymore and do not know why. I had this working in 3.6.5 and now it does not even do anything. I think I will stick with styles and figure this out later.

I do not really get why pixel does not work in that field the same way as percent, but guess that it works on screen size.

Comment

What a bummer. I have a style that I would like to keep this applied to for 950px. I really hate to unistall it because it works so well. I will set it to 95% for now and leave it until you can figure this out, if you can.

Comment

I just noticed that it does not work correctly using percentages either. It only works correctly when you use 100%. If you use anything other then 100% then the navbar in the threads is not in proportion with the header or the thread.

Comment

I do not remeber if I had it for showtreads area? I think it was someone asking it to have it displayed within that area. I know I did not like having a column on my site, but will see what I need to do to have it working. It seems I can not get the message area of post any smaller. I do not recall what I have done to get it to work, as I have installed 3.6.5 and still can not decrease size of post.

I will have to do this when I run a format on my computer to clear out all. I know I was able to get it to work on showthreads, but then I guess I did not write it down somewhere...

Comment

I will be waiting to hear from you on this. Thank you.

Comment

Is it possible to add multiple boxes ?

I tried to copy the code, but that doesn't work.
                          Someone has any idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by anabolicresource View Post
                            Is it possible to add multiple boxes ?

I tried to copy the code, but that doesn't work.
                            Someone has any idea ?
                            Yes you can, but you would be better off using vBadvance cmps or seeking help over at www.vBulletin.org. You will find several version of this type of modification. This only works for fluid and not meant for a fixed width style.

Comment

Is there anyway I can make it float all over the page. What I mean is as user scroll down to the page the column will follow.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for these posts, excellent!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X