(I've cross-posted this to "How Do I..." but have gotten no solutions there. Can anyone here help? -- thank you.)

I'd like to have username recognition or login form displayed at top right of forumdisplay and showthread templates. I tried it myself after about 20 hours of trial & error. I pulled from forumhome the $logincode and tried to insert it into forumdisplay and showthread. Funky results.

1. On the forumdisplay pages, when not logged in, it's all messed up, and there's no "Submit button" that was generated by that login code (as exists on forumhome template, bottom right).

Look here to see my attempt:
http://www.theflow.com/forums/forumd...?s=&forumid=17

I also want to be able to control what is said for this login form. Is there a login form template *other than* the error_nopermission template -- which would be a better piece of code to use?

2. If logged in, I was able to get a basic Username recognition.
Decent, but I don't know how to control the formatting of that display -- specifically, color and weight of font.

Try this username see what I mean.
username: test
password: test

3. By contrast, on my "Forum Home" page: www.theflow.com/forums, by moving the locations of the default template elements $logincode, $welcometext, $newposts, I was able to get things to display more or less the way I'd like:
(a) If registered and cookied, User Name appears at top right
(b) If unregistered or logged-out, Log-in form appears top right.

I'd like to be able to move the positioning of "Mark All Forums Read" but it appears to be tied to the "not-logged-in" variable state display. There's only one place I've been able to find that has managed to do that:

http://www.clubbers.ws/forums/

Note: "Mark All Forums Read" text is a bottom of page, separated from the "Not Cookied? login form" . What's he done to enable that?

-------------------------------------------------------------
4. I'd also like to have a similar solution for SHOWTHREAD template. Anyone know which code would work to accomplish this? Thank you.