How to remove . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove . . .

Both columns to the left of this post - The folder icon column and the message icon column. tia.

Templates!

forumdisplaybit and (I think) forumdisplay_threadslist

You just need to remove the <td>...</td>'s to the left of the title cell.

Comment

you wouldn't know the exact lines to remove as knowing me I could screw this up. am interested only in the thread icon column now (the one in between the thread title and the folder icon column)
      Last edited by cr355; Mon 23rd Jul '01, 3:46pm.

Comment

ta Ed

you pointed me in the right direction, i've sorted it now - i did however have to adjust a colspan attribute

Comment

Hi what changes you made to the colspan ? Thx.

Comment

I made the necessary changes to the two templates mentioned above (forumdisplaybit [pulling the td tags for the posticon column] and forumdisplaybit_threadslist [adjusting the colspan for the "thread" heading to 2 instead of 3]) and all is fine except for the announcement at the top of my board. It still stretches out the table one extra column. Do I need to edit the announcement template?

Matthew Yette
            [email protected]
            Matthew Yette
            [email protected]
            antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

Nevermind, I got it. I had to edit the announcement template as well. Took out an extra td tag.

Matthew Yette
              [email protected]
              Matthew Yette
              [email protected]
              antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

Adjusting the titles column width?

Yetdog's detailed notes have been very helpful. I have removed both of the left colums, per the original question--therefore I set colspan="1" in _threadslist---and for some reason this does not leave an extra colum or (I suppose) an extra <td> in _announcements. Anyway, it works!

Question: Can someone suggest an html code, and where to place it, to set a fixed COLUMN WIDTH in pixels for the titles column? I have tried several things and can't seem to get it. If anyone has any ideas, just give me a guess please and I'll try it out... (My HTML is not so good, so even the most obvious advice might be the answer...)

General notes: I also am trying without success to change the order of the columns. This is not critical, but I do believe "number of replies" should be right next to the titles--especially if you remove the "hot topics" column as we seem to plan here. Actually I think the "number of replies" is more meaningful 90% of the time than "hot topics" and also "ratings" and also everything else combined. The only other feature that is of much value is "thread starter"---and I am hoping to include that in the title, instead of in a separate column... Anyone else working on these things? Please let me know how it goes. Thank you.
                sigpic Krystof
                Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

Re: Adjusting the titles column width?

Originally posted by Christophe_O
                  Question: Can someone suggest an html code, and where to place it, to set a fixed COLUMN WIDTH in pixels for the titles column? I have tried several things and can't seem to get it. If anyone has any ideas, just give me a guess please and I'll try it out... (My HTML is not so good, so even the most obvious advice might be the answer...)
                  Just place a

Code:
                  width="XX"
                  in whichever <td> you're trying to edit.
                  http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Aha! Eureka! width="200" goes right next to colspan="1" in the forumdisplay_threadslist.

I had tried width="x" before---but I was doing it in the wrong place. I had tried just before where it already says width=100% (refers to something else evidently)---also tried in the displaybits template---and etc---all failures.

Well, now that I knew I probably had the right code---it was just a matter of "not giving up"... Thanks, Billabong.
                    Last edited by Christophe_O; Thu 15th Aug '02, 9:16pm.
                    sigpic Krystof
                    Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X