Grey/Gray style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey/Gray style

Let me know what you think - I've customised the icons in PS 5.5 myself (thanks to Kiers tutorial) and added some background images to categories and headers. Current style is here and the grey style is here

Let me know if you like the grey icons, and I will be happy to zip them up and send them over.

P.S whats the deal with sending/uploading the original psd files which have been modified?
    HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
    -
    Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

I like it.

We ask that you don't post the original/modified psd files, but instead upload a zip file to your server and send the link to [email protected] for possible inclusion in the member's area. Thanks.

Comment

Those are nice Martz! I started working on a yellow-black set to match this style:

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/index.php?s=&styleid=28

It's a time-cosuming process to go through all the PSD files and make each individual button. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes it is time consuming hence i only did the main images for my current look (black/grey/white) hehe
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Here is a zip of the GIFS from the site - the psd files will be sent to John later on this evening

I failed to mention the colour codes used. These are #999999 with a linear vertical fill to #333333
          -

Comment

cheers just what i was looking for

even the colour codes match my site too

u can see them in all their glory at www.rtcw.co.uk

www.rtcw.uklinux.net/forums <-----direct link

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
              yes it is time consuming hence i only did the main images for my current look (black/grey/white) hehe
              Actually I just learned how to use the PSD layers in PhotoImpact. Boy what a difference that makes! I can zip through most of the images a lot quicker now!

However I find the text on thse buttons to be rather blurry. I'm going to redo the master set with sharper text. That will take some time.
              Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 25th Jun '01, 10:38am.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah I noticed it was blurry too - however the text has an outer stroke to it, which is no editable. GL with the new text
                -

Comment

That comes from what in Photoshop is called a Layer Effect. Not sure how it would translate to PhotoImpact...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    That comes from what in Photoshop is called a Layer Effect. Not sure how it would translate to PhotoImpact...
                    Unfortunately the PhotoImpact import of the PSD files drops the black border around the text characters giving a blurry text affect. I'd love to be able to use Photoshop, but I'm unemployed and really can't afford it. I downloaded an evaluation copy of PS and it's a great program. However this copy doesn't allow me to save any files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

"However this copy doesn't allow me to save any files"

Create your images in PS, do a print screen, and then import that into another program where you can save the images.

Comment

Thanks Rick but when you're talking about relatively small images like buttons, you loose a lot in image quality.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thx martz! i'm using those grey images for my vBPortal site. I have a new color scheme and those grey images fit perfectly!

Comment

Martz I have only one question.......

how did you get the image as the background for the table headings? I've been killing my self tring to find the right place to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dire Wolf
                              Martz I have only one question.......

how did you get the image as the background for the table headings? I've been killing my self tring to find the right place to put it.
                              Look in your Forum_home_level1_post templates, and look for <td bgcolor="{CATEGORYCOLOR}" or similar. Make an image for your background, and change to <td "background="path/to/img.gif"... and that should do the trick
                              -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X