If I made a VBB Graphic site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I made a VBB Graphic site...

Would people use it? I noticed there really isnt one. Would have everything from buttons, smilies, avatars, etc. But all targeted at the VBB.

Just wondering if people would like this site to exist. Or even more important, is someone else already working on such a thing? If so, I will not tread upon their domain.

http://www.nutrocker.co.uk/vbulletinbuttons.html

Yes that's a very good idea. I'd even be willing to host it (vbgfx.bigdoggslair.com or something like that).

Comment

Yes I was aware of that site. But besides that, there isn't much else. Except going to UBBDEV. But that of course isn't targeted for us VBB users.

Regardless I think I'm going to get to work on this. Will think of a domain tomorrow and purchase it and begin the design. Ill show the layout at sitepoint for critiquing before I begin coding, and/or the system for how I will update and keep track of the graphics.

Id like to have all the normal buttons in all different colors (making it easy on the lazy people who dont want to customize with the devkit), and anything else we can think of.

Thanks for the offer on the server Tubedog. I have my own server that is literally just sitting there right now. I paid a year in advance over at hostrocket, and the site I was building fell through.

Im actually excited about this. Glad to give back in anyway to such an awesome product.

Comment

Just make sure you use "vB" and not "VBB" or I will have to lead you to a slow painful death.

I'd suggest vbulletin.net, vbgfx.com, vbulletingfx.com, vbdev.com, or something along those lines.
        Last edited by tubedogg; Wed 20 Jun '01, 1:37am.

Comment

vbulletingfx.com

I will be purchasing it tomorrow. (Left my wallet at girlfriends, go figure!).

I don't know why I keep saying VBB. lol Must be habit.

::::::Pounds VB into Head::::::

lol

PS>Please if someone else is working on this, PLEASE let me know.

Comment

There is another thread on this at Site point here.

Comment

c-prompt,

This is a great idea! Keep us informed about your progess.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

excellent idea

I look forward to contributing to its growth. We need to get a major, searchable by keyword description smiley database going on...

KALLISTI - currently
                under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

Comment

Jennifer> Definitely! A search feature will DEFINITELY be implemented. Its extremely important.

Comment

c-prompt - can you email me again please. I got your email earlier, but then my mailbox decided to delete it

Thanks,

John
                    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Good luck with the site, whatever happens I will still get those sets (on my site) up to the full color compliment as soon as my health is back to 100%

I have just come out of hospital, very poorly, much better now but still not 100%

Good luck, you will need it, that is going to keep you VERY busy!!

Comment

Don't worry Nutrocker, your site will be linked directly and I will never take your creations unless you want me to add them to the database.

THis is meant to be a resource for it all. Buttons, Icons, Smilies, and even Avatars.

Comment

No problemo

Np
                            I was not worrying at all Just thinking ahead of the task you setting yourself EEK

Let me know when you are close to going live and I will include your link on all the vbulletin button pages

As for my sets, help your self to what you want, there will be quite a few pages once I get finished! EEK

I just wish there was a way to get the dev kit for the new version without having to download the whole Vbb software and purchase it etc.
                            Go on and embarass me and say there is! LOL

Then I could have a go at creating some sets for the new version And so could many others out there.

Comment

Will do. Design is almost complete right now. Im not aware of a way to get the devkit without purchasing. You could always take an existing gif or jpg and use it as a base and recreate one from scratch and use the psd from then on. Thats what I did before purchasing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X