X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your VB 2.0 style files here...

Share your VB 2.0 style files here...

You first!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hehe

no you first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Come on people!!
        I'm Waiting
        Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
        LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

What happened to my reply!?!

I posted a long reply on this subject but for some reason it's no longer here!

Let me give you a few reasons why sharing style sets is not feasible much of the time. I'll use my style sets as an example.

1. The Style Sets are comprised of Replacement Variables and Templates. In my case, the Replacement variables point to directories and images that exist on my system and not on others. As for my Templates, they are filled with changes that are unique and applicable only to my Board. Thus to use one of my style sets means that you would need to remove all mention of images and directories that don't exist for you. You would also need to modify a number of templates to remove the changes I've made for my Board that would not be applicable for yours. I guarantee you that the entire process would be a very time-consuming and confusing.

2. People work very hard on their Styles. They have put a lot of time and effort into developing the look and feel of their forums. Because of this they have very good reason to want to keep their forums unique from all the others out there. Why should they do all this work only to see everyone else use what they've done? (This is not rue for everyone, but it is a valid concern for many.)

3. When you simply copy a style set from someone else, you miss out on an opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills in updating and maintaining your vB forums. Granted you may not want to learn these things. But that, in and of itself, is no reason for people to give you the fruits of their labor for nothing. By all means feel free to ask. However you should also offer something in return.
          Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 12th Jun '01, 7:10pm.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X