Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good2laugh
    replied
    Congrats to Joey and his team at VBFAQ and all the other boards nominated. I love these contests, not just because it gives recognition to the owners but so I can see all the different and cool ideas and designs of this extended community. Well done all.

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    I want to say thank you to everyone. Not just those who voted for VBFAQ, but to everyone who voted.

Its important to participate in this contest. I think its important that forum owners be recognized for their hard work.

Really, check out the other sites, they are all great sites and deserve recognition. Maybe you'll find one of them interests you and you end up joining.

Thank you once again.

Joey
    Admin
    vBulletin-FAQ

Leave a comment:

• hugh_
    replied
    Well done everyone and thanks to the person who voted for us...

Leave a comment:

• marksman
    replied
    Originally posted by letsjoy View Post
    vRewrite seod urls is best i like
    Interesting.. My experience is most people never look at the urls at all, so having rewritten urls for the user is of little benefit. I won't get into why I think they are of little benefit and actually a negative for another forum...

I just find it interesting that some people look at them. As I said, I think the typical web surfer does not look at URLs when they are browsing around.

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    Yep, well done, vB-FAQ.

It's always hard to vote in these polls.

Why does everyone seem to think that "plain and simple design" means something negative? I usually prefer those over the overcomplex ones that are easy to get lost in.

Leave a comment:

• kiwilerner
    replied
    Congrats to vbulletin-faq! And many thanks to everyone who voted and had kind things to say about EpiGuide. I'm astonished we made even as good a showing as we did, especially up against a great community devoted to vbulletin owners, but also against some truly lovely boards such as deuceace and my personal favorite, mmorpg-zone. It's truly been an honor and inspiration to me and all the members of the Eppy community. Thanks so much for allowing us to take part.

Leave a comment:

• sarahk
    replied
    I've voted but in checking out each forum I noticed that the RSS feed for MMORPG is broken. Shame that!

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    Thanks Good2Laugh -

That was actually our intention with a simple design and simple colors. We didnt want to distract from the content. We really wanted the content to be the focus and for vBFAQ to be someplace you could concentrate on the focus of the site; The administration of a vBulletin forum.

Epiguide is a great site, no question. the style there is fantastic and clearly took alot of thought. It certainly is original..

Leave a comment:

• good2laugh
    replied
    Originally posted by FLMom View Post
    I voted for vb-FAQ
    Ditto. I know someone mentioned simple design, but the content more than makes up for that. I actually prefer a simple design on a site where I'm looking for information, the more elaborate designs look good but can often be distracting or a bit slower, they are cool but not when I'm in a rush lol. That said, Epiguide looks good, unique design and it was a pretty close call, but vb-FAQ got my vote.

Well done to all who got nominated

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gazer View Post
    my vote goes for vbulletin-faq.com for all the help iv got off them

Thank You - We're always glad to help out when we can.

Leave a comment:

• Gazer
    replied
    my vote goes for vbulletin-faq.com for all the help iv got off them

Leave a comment:

• kiwilerner
    replied
    Hi all! I just want to thank Jay for the very kind compliment, as well as all the others who've voted for or commented on the EpiGuide. I think this type of support is truly inspiring to owners of small communities like ours. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
    my vote goes for vbulletin-faq.com

Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• SaN-DeeP
    replied
    my vote goes for vbulletin-faq.com

Leave a comment:

• John Diver
    replied
    Deuceace - Very creative, good looking and well executed.
    Thanks very much, and thanks to everyone else voting for DeuceAce.com

I really do appreciate it

Good luck to everyone else, looks like a few are doing great

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X