Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About parent and child Style & Template.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About parent and child Style & Template.

Hihi... i'm here to ask questions... as i don't know am i on the right session... sorry if i'm not...

As we know parent is the main style template for example default style
    and if i add a new style template to be a child of the default style

then when i do amendment to my default style it will auto amend in the new style template so call the child template? Yes i think

if i amend the child template and that mean only the child template is edited not the parent right? So if in future i edit the parent template will my
    child template be edited too?

then when i do amendment to my default style it will auto amend in the new style template so call the child template?
    Yes, if you don't have any changes in that template in the child style.

if i amend the child template and that mean only the child template is edited not the parent right?
    Yes.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I more wanna know is the last question if i amended the child template, and next time i amended the parent template will it update the child as well?

Comment

If you change the postbit template in the child style, then changes you make in the postbit template of the parent style won't be updated to the child style anymore.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
          If you change the postbit template in the child style, then changes you make in the postbit template of the parent style won't be updated to the child style anymore.
          so if i edit any other template beside postbit template in the child style
          all other thing i edit on parent style will still be updated to the child is that what u mean?

Comment

No, the postbit was an example. This applies to all the templates.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Oh so that mean if i edit the child style template... when i change parent style template it won't update the child style template as well already.

ok i got it =]

Comment

Here's a quick question.

how about if I initially set a template as a child of another template, make adjustments to that template, but then decide I'd like it to be the child of another template, by editing the settings of the child. Would the child templates initial inheritance be replaced with the new parents in aspects of the child template I had not edited.
                I'm quite happy with the initial inheritance but would like future changes to be based on the new parent.

Comment

Yes, the inheritance should be changed to the new parents.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X