extracting template/style possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extracting template/style possible?

I have an old database (v3.0.0.0 beta 6) that I need to upgrade. I am able to upgrade it to my new 3.5.4 version without a problem.

I also have a 3.5.4 style on another forum that has many admincp tweeks made to it after importing the original xml style.

I want to be able to upgrade my old database, then import a style from another database. If I import from the original xml, I lose all the tweeks I made to the style. Is there any way to export my hacked style from my second forum to an xml doc so I can then import it into my newly upgraded database?

I really hope that makes sense. Thanks.
    Derbyman

Hello,

In vBulletin 3.5 you can export the .xml style and download any custom images. Then login on the forum board where you need this style and import it.

Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Upload/Download Styles.
    This section allows you to import/export styles in .xml format.

Here's more information from our online documentation: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/style_files

Comment

Thanks while I was waiting for a reply I went looking through more of the adminCP and found that exact tool. It was a bit confusing because the download and the upload are on the same screen, which was what threw me and why I missed it the first umpteen times I looked at it.

I used it, though, and it worked like a charm and I got my new style applied to my old forum without a bit of hassle.

Thanks,
      Derbyman

Comment

That's good news and yes, new things can be a bit confusing. Thankfully we offer free support and online manual to help you out.

Good luck with your forums and your styles.

Comment

Working...
        X