X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pyro
    Ok, got it!

PHP Code:
    <applet name="jchat" codebase="/chat" archive="/chat/jirc_nss.zip" code="Chat.class" width=700 height=400
    <
    param name="CABBASE" value="/chat/jirc_mss.jar"
    The above works for any domain, if "chat" is a subdirectory of your registered vB Domain (e.g. www.yourvbulletin.com/chat)

But there is another thing with the
    <param name="NickName" value="abc_{$bbuserinfo[username]}">

No, the "spaces in username thing" works perfectly (they are converted into _), but on my server
    • only 9 chars are allowed in IRC nicknames - abc_ are 4 chars already, so I make only "_" - this is enough in most cases
    • Names with German special characters (in HTML &auml; &ouml; &uuml; -> ÄÖÜ (AE, OE, UE) are cut off at the special character (_J&uuml;rgen gets _J only)

My questions:

Are there any international IRC Servers which allow more than 9 chars in the nickname?

Does anyone know if there is any European or International Server where e.g. German or French special Characters are possible?

Thanks you in advance,
    Markus
    irc.dal.net allows up to 30 characters in a nickname, but you can still only use a-z, A-Z, 0-9, [ ] { } \ | - _ ^ `

I don't think any IRC servers in existence allow international characters, sorry

You'll have to make a php function to convert any special characters to the nearest one from the list above, or have your users manually type in one

Comment

Originally posted by fury
      irc.dal.net ... You'll have to make a php function to convert any special characters to the nearest one from the list above
      Thank you for the hint - of course I will try that server.

What would be the way to use a php function for this:

<param name="NickName" value="abc_{$bbuserinfo[username]}">

I only know the way to include php in the options of the vb admin panel. How could I convert the $bbuserinfo[username] when a user accesses the chat???

Thank you,
      Markus
      He who has once smelt the smoke will never be again free

Comment

Any idea?
        He who has once smelt the smoke will never be again free

Comment

Thanks freddie! Your guidance above and the names.tcl have helped me to get the "IRC people online" hack working wonderfully. I didn't need to use the modified IRCD, the eggdrop and a cron job (due to being a remote server) have done the trick!

Check out http://utassault.monsterkill.net/ (underneath the whosonline listing at the bottom).
          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
          -
          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Originally posted by Martz
            Thanks freddie! Your guidance above and the names.tcl have helped me to get the "IRC people online" hack working wonderfully. I didn't need to use the modified IRCD, the eggdrop and a cron job (due to being a remote server) have done the trick!

Check out http://utassault.monsterkill.net/ (underneath the whosonline listing at the bottom).
            cool... how did you get it to display the "who's on irc" thing? which hack is that? thanks

eso
            My vB Forum @ www.GopedNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by esoin

cool... how did you get it to display the "who's on irc" thing? which hack is that? thanks

eso
              I read freddies post above and did the following:[list=1][*]Downloaded an eggdrop bot from www.eggheads.org[*]Configured it to sit in my IRC channel and not do a lot[*]added the names.tcl script to it, so that it outputs the info about the people currently chatting to a file on my site[*]Setup a cron job (scheduled task) to run every minute and insert the IRC info from the file into the database[*]Added the code in the index.php to get the IRC whos online variables from the database and display on the index page.[/list=1]

It helps if you have some knowledge of IRC and/or eggdrops. I didn't have much of either, but I could compile the eggie on my server by spending a little time reading the docs and the output from my actions. After that, adding scripts is a breeze - and all the code I actually needed was in freddies posts above.

GL.
              -

Comment

Help!

I want to try this so I downloaded and uploaded the style set as instructed and renamed it.

I then went to "modify styles" - then "Edit fonts/colours/properties", then "edit templates".

I found the "forumdisplay" and selected "change original" - easy enough BUT my default templates were changed for the main BB.

I don't understand about styles and templates really - can you tell me how I make sure the template change only affects the new style?

Don't you need another set of the templates??

Comment

Sorry to drag this up again...

But im not worried about adding any bots to the IRC channel for getting the usernames out all i want to do is show who is in the forum named chat.

So here is the question how do i show who is in the chat forum on the forumdisplay.php without the need for eggdrops and ircd

I just dont knwo how to get it working, ive tried searching VB.com but this is the best post i can find.

We upgraded to v2.2.0 this week if that helps.

Thanks

Comment

I ran this for a while, the problem is that people can join the same channel with other IRC clients and set/change their name to "impersonate" board users etc - so you can't be sure who you are chatting with.

Anyway to stop this (eg use name prefix characters in the applet parameters that couldn't be typed in)?

Comment

yeh i get that, all i want though is a list of people going through the forum to the chat page. So under chat it literally has a list of names of those who have accessed the PHP chat page.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I have posted a modification to this hack, one that makes it possible to not need an entire custom template set, here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=33050

This modification also makes it extremely simple to add the chat location to your Who's Online (it's described there, too).
                        -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
                        JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

I had jpilot installed this way close to a year ago.

Comment

If anyone is interested in an ircd, eggdrop, services and whos on-line on the forums - please forum PM me. I've just setup the http://forums.paintballcity.net chat system and it seems to be working well. Speak to Jim Murray if you have any questions about my work.

It is chargable however, as it does take some time to setup etc.

Just so you all know.
                            -

Comment

Hey Martz,

could you give some hints how you did this?

Yours,
                              LANce

Comment

Yes, please post a howto

Please.
                                Streicher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X