Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to also nominate my board (below)...

hugh
    Please vote for my enhancement requests: 1, 2, 3 and 4...

Comment

Originally posted by alkahf
      I would like to nominate www.wowfun.net/forum

Finally something creative,

However it seems that the majority of people in this community prefer a basic plain vanilla board that required nothing more then changing a few colors from the default.

I fully second this board, nice job.

_V
      © Elements of Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by alkahf
        I would like to nominate www.wowfun.net/forum
        Very colourful, but I'm not sure about the legality of those copyrighted images.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnV
          Finally something creative,

However it seems that the majority of people in this community prefer a basic plain vanilla board that required nothing more then changing a few colors from the default.
          I think that's highly inaccurate. Just because a lot of people nominate their own plain-vanilla styles doesn't mean "the majority of people in this community" prefer that sorta thing, especially if you look at the winners of this contest.

If anything, the winning forums show the voters' preference for visual style over other concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
            I think that's highly inaccurate. Just because a lot of people nominate their own plain-vanilla styles doesn't mean "the majority of people in this community" prefer that sorta thing, especially if you look at the winners of this contest.

If anything, the winning forums show the voters' preference for visual style over other concerns.

Well your intilted to your option, however I have looked at the winners of this contest, and I'm sorry but just changing the color of the category header bars, icons and simple new header graphic doesn't impress me much. It's far more based on a popularity contest then pure ability to take a basic forum and turn it into something else.
            © Elements of Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnV
              Well your intilted to your option, however I have looked at the winners of this contest, and I'm sorry but just changing the color of the category header bars, icons and simple new header graphic doesn't impress me much. It's far more based on a popularity contest then pure ability to take a basic forum and turn it into something else.
              I agree with everything you've said. In fact, you're basically saying what I said in my post -- that the majority of the winners have fancy graphics.

What point are you trying to make? You're contradicting your original statement that this community only prefers "a basic plain vanilla board that required nothing more then changing a few colors from the default." Now you say it's graphically customized forums?

Comment

I nominate what is probably the best example of what can be done with vBulletin: www.girlsgetgoing.com
                OMG! Awesome site! I second this.
                Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
                LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

Raw Food Chat Forums

I would like to nominate http://www.rawfoodchat.com/forums

"The greatest raw food community on the planet!"

Comment

Originally posted by RawFood
                    I would like to nominate http://www.rawfoodchat.com/forums

"The greatest raw food community on the planet!"
                    Seconded! Excellent site. It looks like a small new community, but that's one FRESH style! Ha.

Comment

I nominate what is probably the best example of what can be done with vBulletin: www.girlsgetgoing.com

What they said! I totally agree, best I've ever seen... Wow I need Kathy's services. LOL

Comment

Kathy,

Long time no speak. I'm surprised your site hasn't already made it to the vBotm competition. I second GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
                          I will second this site as well.. this theme reminds me of hyster sisters..
                          very impressive theme ...
                          That's because it's owned by the same person.
                          I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                          Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zain jaffer
                            Kathy,

Long time no speak. I'm surprised your site hasn't already made it to the vBotm competition. I second GGG.
                            Thanks Zain. The reason why...is that it launched Feb 1. Its a young thang.
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy
                              Thanks Zain. The reason why...is that it launched Feb 1. Its a young thang.
                              Ah yes, how could I forget!

Comment

those are all very nice... the 'Girls' site is amazing!

throwing my forum into the ring;

www.speedbrigade.com/forums

main portal if interested:
                                www.speedbrigade.com although I imagine you figured that out
                                Last edited by DPBlessing; Thu 30 Mar '06, 8:12pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X