No announcement yet.

Girlsgetgoing.com... they certainly do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlsgetgoing.com... they certainly do!

Well.. I was just browsing this thread and came accross Kathy's posting were she mentions her new site www.girlsgetgoing.com

That thread is closed, so I really had to open a new one, because I have something to say. Here it goes:

The design, look and feel of this site is just simply.... FANTASTIC! (capital 'F'!)

I don't know why, but it occured to me the past years that I have not seen much VBulletin styles that I really like. There are lots of sites that offer (paid) VB styles and you can find some overhere on vbulletin.com , but quite frankly I don't like 98% of them at all. Sometimes I see a PHPBB2 site with a custom/non-default style and think ... yeah this design is actually quite nice, but it almost never happens when I see a VBulletin site. I am a bit puzzled why that is. It seems there are more Style-offerings for software like PHPBB2, a more blossoming thing it seems there in some sort of way compared to what I come accross for VB, I don't know.

But thank God for this www.girlsgetgoing.com site! Brilliant.

Finally, finally I see a VBulletin forum driven site that has a fantastic integrated style. It's simply the best designed VB site I have ever seen, so congratulations to the ones who pulled this off. Very well done!
    How much do you love XenForo?

I would have to agree, the design is very interesting and by far unique. Thumbs up to them! However, my only concern was if the colors were a little brighter, rather than the dull swatches they currently have...

Good job folks!
    Sheldon
    Professional Custom vBulletin Skinz
    Webdesign with an Impact

Comment

Thanks sooo much for your kind words. We are enjoying great reviews and kudos and I thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the skin. The unique thing about the integration is the challenges area.... Its quite brilliant.

my only concern was if the colors were a little brighter, rather than the dull swatches they currently have...
      Dull? LOL

We've been launched for just a bit over one month and are enjoying good growth. (Over 2000 members) We are having a great time. Thanks again!
      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Wow That's one nice site Kathy and reflects why you are one of the most highly esteemed women in this field. Inspirational, well done!

Comment

Awww, I'm honored. Thank you Shell!

Comment

I must say, I am very impressed. Quite the original design! It shows much thought and creativity went into it...well done! Might I ask why it is still running the version vb it is?
            RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

Originally posted by smackLAN
              I must say, I am very impressed. Quite the original design! It shows much thought and creativity went into it...well done! Might I ask why it is still running the version vb it is?
              Thanks. Its because of the add-ons and customizations were already in the works for Vb3 but not for 3.5. To rewrite again....would have delayed the project another long term. We started the project last summer. Launched Feb 1. When we started the project, 3.5 was newly launched and I had to decide which way to go. Delay or proceed with what we knew in 3.0.

Perhaps when 4.0 comes out, I'll be prepared for an upgrade. :::Looks at Logician ::::

Comment

Wow that's impressive the amount of work that has gone into that site and I would say is truly unique. I would vote for that site one of the best implementations i have seen
                ForumThemes.com - vBulletin Themes

Comment

Originally posted by ForumThemes.com
                  Wow that's impressive the amount of work that has gone into that site and I would say is truly unique. I would vote for that site one of the best implementations i have seen
                  Thank you very much.

Comment

I Agree... very nice design layout, on the board and the rest of the site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X